SUPPORT WORKERApply Now Job ID 1370434 Date posted 02/25/2020
Community :GRAND FORKS
Facility :BOUNDARY HOSPITAL
Boundary Hospital in Grand Forks is looking for a Casual Support Worker to join their team! If you have Grade 10, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience....Apply today!
As a team player you will perform a variety of duties within the Support Services such as:
• Sets tables and/or trays with items such as condiments, utensils and napkins
• Heats (in microwave), portions and serves food and beverages within a dining room or cafeteria setting
• Makes beverages and food items such as tea, coffee and toast; assembles items such as sandwiches and salads, prepares items such as sandwich fillings, and diet items such as milkshakes, by weighing, measuring and combining ingredients
• Washes, peels and stores vegetables and fruit
• Strips, racks and washes items such as dishes, pots, pans and utensils
• Performs cleaning duties such as sweeping and washing floors, cleaning counter tops and tables, sinks, machines and equipment and washing walls and splash areas
• Performs clerical duties such as answering the telephone, writing information on menu cards and checking cards against lists
• Cleans items such as furniture, contact points, ledges, vents, mirrors and equipment
• Cleans and disinfects washrooms, replenishes soap, toilet paper, paper towels, other supplies and polishes chrome fixtures
• Cleans areas such as floors, walls and windows by methods such as dry and wet mopping, scrubbing, sealing, waxing, buffing, polishing & vacuuming
• Collects waste and recycling from patient rooms, the nursing stations and other locations in the site
• Strips, cleans and makes beds, and tidies items such as cupboards, lockers, basins and tables; hangs and removes items such as drapes and bedside curtains
• Receives and collects Regional Linen in accordance with the delivery schedule
• Prepares exchange carts for distribution throughout the site, utilizing a linen quota system
• Washes and dries site specific items, including personal laundry of residents using domestic washer and dryers
• Cleans and disinfects bed pans and other apparatus
• Performs other related duties as assigned
Hours of work: 06:00 to 14:10, 07:00 to 15:10, 06:30 to 14:00, 09:30 to 17:00, 12:30 to 18:30 – Rotating Days
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces.
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 10,
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Food Safe Certificate (completed within the last 5 years)
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
• Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth