SWITCHBOARD OPERATOR / ADMITTING CLERKS (WILLIAMS LAKE)Apply Now Job ID 1228997 Date posted 02/22/2019
Community :WILLIAMS LAKE
Facility :CARIBOO MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
Do you have front-line clerical experience and wish to work at the leading edge of healthcare to maximize your skills and be part of a dynamic team? Cariboo Memorial Hospital in Williams Lake, BC is looking for Casual Switchboard Operator/Admitting Clerks. Apply today!
This posting is to establish an eligibility list for future casual vacancies. A qualified group of candidates will be identified. Once established, the qualified pool will be valid for a period of one year.
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
• A current Typing Test 45 wpm or greater completed within past 24 months from a recognized institution, (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED);
• Your Grade 12 Diploma;
• Certificate or Official Transcript showing Proof of Completion of a Medical Terminology Course;
• Your Resume indicating one year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position and on-call, casual work (i.e. days of the week);
• Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Schools/Colleges/Universities.
This position performs a variety of clerical duties associated with operating the switchboard, receiving and registering patients, processing accounts receivable such as:
• Operates switchboard and public address/paging systems;
• Patient registration;
• Confirms hospital procedural appointments with physicians, nursing units and patients;
• Receives payments for a variety of patient bills and sundry accounts, balances daily cash, prepare bank deposits and cash reports, maintain petty cash accounts;
• Clerical duties - typing, compiling and distributing various documents/lists/schedules, completing data entry for pre-admissions, admissions, discharges, and transfers;
• Receives patients/visitors and directs to appropriate areas.
Hours of work: Rotating Days, Evenings - 07:00 to 14:00, 08:00 to 14:45, 09:00 to 15:00, 14:00 to 21:00, 14:00 to 21:30, 14:45 to 21:30, 17:00 to 21:30,
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces. Be part of a dynamic team!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12, plus
• Two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of a Typing Test 45 wpm or greater, dated within the past 24 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (ON-LINE TESTS ARE NOT ACCEPTED)
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard 45 wpm.
• Knowledge of medical terminology.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
**Along with your CV (resume), Please submit your High School Diploma, Proof of Completion of Medical Terminology Course and a Typing Test (minimum 45 wpm within the past 24 months) from a recognized institution. Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Colleges/Universities.**
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth