POPULATION HEALTH DIETITIANApply Now Job ID 1188425 Date posted 11/27/2018
Community :WILLIAMS LAKE
Facility :CARIBOO COMM HLTH SERV
Status :PERMANENT PART TIME (0.59 FTE)
Do you value and appreciate the unique opportunities with practicing population health nutrition? Are you looking for a rewarding and meaningful dietetic position where you can join an incredibly talented team of Dietitians working towards the common goal of promoting nutritional health?
Interior Health Population Health Nutrition Services is seeking a candidate for a part-time Dietitian opportunity in Williams Lake, BC. This position - taking primarily a population health, prevention, and community development approach, together with the other members of the nutrition program - is responsible for planning, organizing, coordinating, directing, and evaluating programs which help promote nutritional health and reduce the risk of nutrition-related diseases and other food/feeding-related health issues.
Some Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
• Planning, managing, implementing, and evaluating regional nutrition programs and projects directed toward health promotion and disease prevention for the general public as well as high-risk groups.
• Providing nutrition consultation, expertise, and resources to regional Public Health Nurses, other health region staff, school districts and their schools/teachers, community agencies and groups, and other service providers.
• Assessing need for, and providing nutrition resources and training to groups of health professionals, educators and community workers delivering nutrition education to specific target populations and the public.
• Collaborating with other population health dietitians in the development of provincial, regional, and local food and nutrition policies, procedures, standards and resources.
• Liaises with colleagues (Registered Dietitians) and provides student job-shadow/volunteer and dietetic intern opportunities as time allows.
• Advocating for nutrition services to help meet gaps.
Travel is involved in this role within the Williams Lake area and to outlying areas within a 100 km radius (including 100 Mile House) to provide regional nutrition services to stakeholders within the Interior Health catchment area. Access to a personal vehicle is required; a valid BC Driver’s License is necessary.
This position is eligible for our comprehensive benefits plan including pension and coverage for basic Medical Services, Dental Services, and Extended Health.
If you are a motivated, collaborative-focused Dietitian, with passion for a population health approach to practice and can work interdependently we would love to hear from you!
• Current registration with the College of Dietitians of British Columbia.
• Expertise in child nutrition, food security and community development is an asset.
• Eligible for registration of Dietitians of Canada if required for supervision of dietetic interns.
• Current valid BC Driver’s License.
** Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Metis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your inquiry via email to firstname.lastname@example.org to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth