LIFE SKILLS OUTREACH WORKERApply Now Job ID 1520400 Date posted 05/04/2021
Community :WILLIAMS LAKE
Facility :WILLIAMS LAKE MENTAL HLTH
Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME
We are currently seeking a permanent full time Life Skills Outreach Worker to join our team in Williams Lake!
The Life Skills Outreach Worker is a member of a multi-disciplinary Mental Health and Addictions Team providing a comprehensive array of services within a psycho social rehabilitation framework to adults with serious and persistent mental illness and/or within a harm reduction framework for those with substance use problems/disorders and who experience severe challenges in daily living as a result. This position will provide these services offering a variety of rehabilitative and treatment modalities inclusive of outreach, community and facility care.
Shifts of work are Monday to Friday, 08:30 to 16:30. Permanent employees are eligible for our full comprehensive benefits plan including medical and dental coverage; group life and disability insurance; paid sick and vacation time; and, when you’re ready to leave work behind, an excellent pension!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum.
Apply today to join our team!
Community Profile: Williams Lake is the destination spot for the true adventure seeker. With endless outdoor recreational activities such as fishing any of the 4,500 lakes, hiking in the mountains, skiing downhill or cross country, snowmobiling through untouched powder and canoeing or kayaking one of the canoe circuits, Williams Lake a fun experience for the entire family.
Set in the heart of the Frontier, amid lakes and rolling ranch land, Williams Lake has been the focal point and service centre for the ranches of the Cariboo and Chilcotin regions since the turn of the century. Williams Lake persevered to become the modern commercial centre and transportation hub of the historically famous Cariboo. The town retains that magical 'western frontier character' in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Its central location, at the junction of Highway 97 to the north and the Bella Coola Highway (Hwy 20), makes it an excellent place from which to foray into the surrounding regions. Home to over 11,000 people and 25,000 in the surrounding area. Williams Lake is just a scenic day trip from Vancouver and is very easy to access.
• Mental Health Worker Certificate or Human Services Worker Certificate or Addictions Worker Certification
• Two years recent, related experience working with individuals living with mental illness, and/or substance use problems/disorders; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• Food Safe Level 1 Certificate
• Basic First Aid Certificate
• Non-violent crisis intervention training
• Valid BC Driver’s License.
**Please upload copies of your certificates with your application.
• We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
• Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.