COMMUNITY RESPIRATORY THERAPISTApply Now Job ID 1525792 Date posted 04/13/2021
Community :WILLIAMS LAKE
Facility :CARIBOO MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
Status :RELIEF FULL TIME
If you are a motivated and reliable Respiratory Therapist with a human caring and relationship centred practice and effective communication skills we would love to hear from you for our relief, full time opening.
As a member of the Cariboo Memorial Hospital Respiratory Therapy Team, works within the hospital and community to deliver respiratory therapy services and programs related to Community Respiratory Therapy:
• The promotion of respiratory health;
• The assessment, education, treatment and rehabilitation of patients with respiratory dysfunction;
• Communicating and demonstrating community and hospital based respiratory care procedures to other health care professionals and students; and
• The use of respiratory equipment or special procedures.
Shifts will follow a Monday to Friday schedule. This position will provide relief coverage until the return of incumbent. Many relief positions lead to opportunity for permanent positions through Interior Health's Internal Recruitment job postings and selection.
Interior Health is strongly committed to staff development and encouraging growth. We offer great benefits and fulfilling opportunities to support and enhance knowledge and skills and help you progress at every stage of your Respiratory Therapy career.
• Graduation from a recognized program in Respiratory Therapy and two years’ recent experience in pulmonary rehabilitation, asthma education, respiratory home care, home ventilation, home oxygen, and sleep disordered breathing screening, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Current certification with the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists (CSRT) and eligible for registration with the British Columbia Society of Respiratory Therapists (BCSRT) and CSRT.
• Current valid BC driver’s license.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and would like assistance with tips on resume and cover letter writing, the Interior Health application process, or interview readiness, send us your query via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to reach an Employment Advisor.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.