STRATEGIC BUSINESS ADVISORApply Now Job ID 1429136 Date posted 08/01/2020
Facility :VERNON HEALTH CENTRE
Status :TERM SPECIFIC FULL TIME
Interior Health is looking for a Strategic Business Advisor to join our team in Kelowna, B.C.! If you are interested in expanding your career opportunities, this is the position for you!
About the Role:
The Strategic Business Advisor (SBA) is responsible for supporting programs when they engage contractors for a variety of client services including mental health and substance use, home and community care services, public health promotion and prevention activities. The SBA will utilize a computerized database to research and provide reports and understand and apply the guidelines of public sector procurement. Duties include meeting with user departments regarding contracting requirements, supporting contractor meetings, drafting contract documents, analyzing financial reporting. The SBA may prepare procurement documents for a variety of services utilizing word processing and spreadsheet software and knowledge of the BC Bid process. The SBA provides input into the development of policies and procedures and supports the termination policy and process. Key issues for the position will be a thorough knowledge of contract management and procurement processes and providing the link between the operational contract process and the strategic goals of the team.
This is a temporary full time position until approximately December 2021 or return of incumbent.
Some Key Duties may include:
• Supports the Consultants in the review and development of contract processes to ensure that new processes are strategically appropriate.
• Advises IH Managers on the strategic implications of contractual decisions and on appropriate action regarding procurement and termination policies.
• Produces and performs first line analysis of strategic reports as required by the Consultants and/or Director.
• Provides administrative and data support to the Consultants and/or Director in project work.
• Supports contract compliance monitoring processes, including data collection, validation, and management.
• Supports the Consultants in the development of training materials and policies.
• Supports the Consultants and/or Director with information to support RFP evaluation and new contract negotiation.
• Supports the relationships between Consultants/Director and partners on strategic issues.
• Provides backup to Contract Advisors as required.
• Performs other duties as requested by the Consultant and/or Director.
Make a difference. Join a team where every person matters. Apply today!
• Grade 12 and a diploma in business or a related field.
• A purchasing course or purchasing experience would be an asset.
• Proficiency with MS Products including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in a complex environment.
• An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth