Social Worker (Bachelors), Primary Care NetworkApply Now Job ID 1724620 Date posted 06/23/2022
Facility :VERNON URGENT PRIM CARE
Status :PERMANENT PART TIME (0.59 FTE)
Interior Health has an exciting Permanent Part Time (0.59 FTE) opportunity for a Bachelor’s Level Social Worker to join their Primary Care Clinics team with the Vernon Urgent Primary Care Network.
What Will You Work On?
The Social Worker provides comprehensive assessment, care planning and treatment coordination for designated clients and their families. Working collaboratively with other health care providers and the multidisciplinary team, the Social Worker provides direct psychosocial care, counseling and group work, system navigation and advocacy, education and linkage to relevant specialized complex care resources while facilitating client self-management. The Social Worker is responsible for providing and developing social work services to maintain or improve the health and social well-being and functioning of the identified population.
Some other responsibilities include:
• Provides direct social work services and care coordination to individuals, families and groups.
• Provides a social work perspective to team practices; participates in planning and program development activities; and provides operational, policy and ethical practice recommendations through reporting, consultation and collection of information on specific client groups and/or clinical areas.
• Maintains client records by methods such as documenting client assessments, treatment formulations, care/treatment plans, preparing progress notes/interventions and reports in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures to meet regulatory requirement and documenting for future reference.
• May supervise support staff as required by performing duties such as assigning and scheduling work, evaluating performance and providing input into hiring and disciplinary matters. Maintains and verifies accuracy of timekeeping and scheduling documentation as required.
• Acts as a resource to patients and their families by performing duties such as providing information for patients and families regarding community resources and access to these resources, suggesting contacts to facilitate optimal planning, arranging referrals and facilitating the development of community resources to support the health of families.
Shift times are from 09:00 to 21:00 hours.
How Will You Create Impact?
Social Workers at Interior Health advocate for social justice at individual, family, organizational, and societal levels through their professional knowledge, values, ethics and skills. This position is part of the Primary Care Network where staff will work out of patient medical homes, private physician offices, or at Interior Health primary care sites as part of providing team based care. The successful candidate will work out of two private physician clinics as part of the Primary Care Network therefore days and hours of work are subject to change and there could be “after hours” work in the future.
How Will We Help You Grow?
Interior Health offers excellent benefits and many opportunities to maximize your skills. We are an organization where you have room to grow in a place where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you. If you are an experienced Social Worker and want to be challenged in your practice while working with a solid and experienced team in a wonderful working environment, Apply Today!
About this location/unit
You're going to love it here! Vernon's small city charm melds with its year-round cultural events, festivals, and celebrations. Whether it's a morning on the greens or a day on a lake, this is the place where you become the hero of your own story. Grab your bike, friends, and family, and enjoy the sweet smells of the outdoors as you explore. Celebrate the glorious sunshine with beaches, lakes, outdoor adventure, and orchards lush with fruit, fresh vegetables, and farmers markets galore! There are over 20 beaches where you can soak up the sun and have some water fun. And it doesn’t end there; enjoy live music, outdoor theatre, sports tournaments, wine festivals and golfing on world class courses from
Reasons to Apply at Interior Health... What we can do for you
We offer an exceptional employer-paid benefits package, recognition of previous experience in determining starting salary, and generous vacation entitlement after your first year of employment.
We offer a work environment conducive to growth and development of strong clinical skills. The opportunity to have a balanced lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire.
Education, Training and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work from an accredited university.
Two years recent related experience in a healthcare setting working with medically complex clients with concurrent disorders, or a combination of education, training and experience.
Current full registration with the British Columbia College of Social Workers.
Current valid B.C. driver’s license.
**Please upload copy of your Bachelor’s Degree your BCCSW registration and a copy of your B.C. driver’s license to your IH profile.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships.