RESPIRATORY THERAPIST – ACUTE CAREApply Now Job ID 1301790 Date posted 08/23/2019
Facility :VERNON JUBILEE HOSPITAL
If your passion is Respiratory Therapy and you are looking for an opportunity to join the acute care team in Vernon, this is opportunity to apply!
Vernon Jubilee Hospital’s Respiratory Therapy Department is a diverse team of knowledgeable therapists. This is a Casual opportunity where employment is providing relief coverage for regular employees. Coverage includes random short-notice, on-call shifts to providing coverage in a specific position up to 4 months. Once hired into a casual position employees become eligible to apply internally on regular positions as they become vacant. As a Casual employee the Respiratory Therapist will receive 12.6% of straight time pay, exclusive of all premiums, in lieu of scheduled vacations and statutory holidays. Upon completion of 180 hours, there is the option of purchasing medical, dental and extended health benefit plans.
The Registered Respiratory Therapist is an extremely valuable member of the patient care team involved in supporting and managing patients with respiratory related health problems. The Respiratory Therapist practices in accordance with the standards of professional practice as outlined by the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists (CSRT) as well as within a client and family centered care model.
• Works independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team
• Enhances quality of life from the perspective of the client/family
• Consults, confers and collaborates with other health care professionals
• Demonstrates continuous improvement and best practice approach in respiratory practice Maintains and advances own clinical competence
• Participates on committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned
If you are motivated to be challenged professionally, this is the move for you. We offer excellent opportunities to maximize your skills. Interior Health is an organization where you have room to grow and where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you. Apply Today!
Click Here to watch a video about working in Respiratory Therapy with Interior Health.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Graduation from a recognized Respiratory Therapy program.
• Current certification with the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists (CSRT) and eligible for registration with the British Columbia Society of Respiratory Therapists (BCSRT) and CSRT.
• Current valid BC Driver’s License.
Skills and Abilities:
• Assessment and Treatment: Demonstrated ability to complete initial and ongoing client assessments (clinical and diagnostic reasoning) through appropriate/prescribed technical, therapeutic, safety type interventions.
• Teaching: Ability to teach clients and others both one-on-one and in groups.
• Knowledge Integration: Integrates best practice and current research evidence to support professional practice decisions and actions.
• Communication: Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clients, families, the public, medical staff and members of the interdisciplinary team using verbal, written, computer communication means. Ability to effectively apply conflict resolution skills.
• Critical Thinking: Demonstrated ability to integrate and evaluate pertinent data (from multiple sources) to problem-solve and make decisions effectively. Applies the problem solving process demonstrating critical thinking and decision making skills using a systems approach.
• Human Caring and Relationship Centered Practice: Ability to promote client-focused care that demonstrates care for and with clients and significant others, sensitivity to diverse cultures and preferences, client advocacy and social justice concerns.
• Management: Demonstrated ability to organize work, set objectives and establish priorities. Manages time and resources, implements activities to promote cooperation among the interdisciplinary team and collaborates across disciplines.
• Leadership: Promotes staff morale, engagement and empowerment. Demonstrates creative planning for change and innovation, implementation of IH policies or other protocols, and ongoing professional development of self and others.
• Teamwork: Demonstrated ability to foster teamwork and a commitment to excellence in the provision of client care.
• Equipment: Demonstrated computer skills including the use of Meditech and Windows based programs. Demonstrated data analysis skills including appropriate data analysis and reporting tools. Demonstrated ability in the use of e-mail and word processing. Ability to operate other related equipment as required in the specific practice area.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth