REGISTERED NURSE – ENDOSCOPYApply Now Job ID 1405476 Date posted 06/02/2020
Facility :VERNON JUBILEE HOSPITAL
Interior Health’s Vernon Jubilee Hospital (VJH) invites applications for the role of Registered Nurse (RN), Endoscopy. VJH is looking for Registered Nurses knowledgeable in the practice focus of Gastro Intestinal (GI) nursing to join the Ambulatory Care Team.
VJH is a 186-bed, health service area hospital offering core physician specialties, 24 hour emergency and trauma services, acute and obstetrical care. VJH’s Ambulatory Care operates Monday to Friday. Minor surgeries, including Plastic Surgery, ENT are performed, as well as medical treatments including blood product transfusions and IV treatments. The RN, Endoscopy works along physicians assisting with scopes.
As member of the VJH Ambulatory Care team, you will coordinate and oversee the overall care of the client and set priorities, provide clinical expertise and leadership for the plan of care, plan and implement health care treatments and interventions, and assign and delegate tasks as appropriate to other members of the healthcare team. Reporting to Manger, Clinical Operations, you will draw upon your ability to establish therapeutic relationships through the use of effective interpersonal and interviewing techniques, ensuring client choices and autonomy in decision making and care planning.
Casual employment means work requirements can vary between Zero and 37.5 hours per week. Shifts when available will fall within a Day schedule. Casual employees receive 12.6% of their straight time pay, exclusive of all premiums, in lieu of scheduled vacations and statutory holidays. Upon completion of 180 hours, there is option of purchasing medical, dental and extended health benefit plans. A Casual position may lead into regular employment opportunities as once hired, employees are eligible to apply for internal postings including permanent part-time or full time positions.
At VJH you will find a seasoned, supportive and cohesive team that will allow you to challenge yourself professionally while enjoying all the personal pursuits available to you within this fantastic community and world renowned vacation destination. We are building a team that ensures the highest standards of patient and family care for both perioperative services throughout our region. Come and join our expanding team! Apply Today!
Community Profile: The thriving City of Vernon is situated in the northern region of BC’s Okanagan Valley Basin between the beautiful Swan, Kalamalka and Okanagan lakes. It boasts a unique history, diversified economy, attractive climate and beautiful natural setting offering residents a highly desirable balance of small-town charm combined with the amenities of an urban centre. As the largest regional centre in the North Okanagan area, it also serves as a major vacation destination. The area is a haven for the outdoor enthusiast with ready access to mountains, lakes, rivers and provincial parks. Summer activities include hiking, mountain biking, kayaking, scuba diving, sailing, water skiing and fishing. Winter pursuits include alpine and cross-country skiing, snowboarding, tobogganing, snowmobiling, snowshoeing, dogsledding and ice fishing. Located 22 km to the northeast of Vernon is Silver Star Mountain Resort, a world-class ski destination with 108 runs.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP)
• Advanced preparation in the clinical specialty of Endoscopy (i.e. Certification in gastro intestinal (GI) Nursing).
• Minimum of two years recent, related clinical experience in the assigned practice environment (e.g. GI Nursing or Perioperative Nursing).
Skills and Abilities:
• Assessment and Intervention – Demonstrated ability to complete initial and ongoing client assessments (clinical and diagnostic reasoning) and provide nursing care through appropriate/ prescribed technical, therapeutic, safety type interventions.
• Communication – Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with the clients, families, the public, medical staff and the members of the interdisciplinary team using verbal, written and computer communication means.
• Critical Thinking – Demonstrated ability to integrate and evaluate pertinent data (from multiple sources) to problem-solve effectively.
• Human Caring and Relationship Centered Practice – Ability to promote client-focused care that demonstrates care for and with clients and significant others, sensitive to diverse cultures and preferences, client advocacy and social justice concerns.
• Teaching – Ability to transmit information intended to instruct clients and others about topics essential to health care and well-being.
• Management – Manages time and resources, implementing activities to promote cooperation among relevant others, collaboration across disciplines and related activities.
• Leadership – Promotes staff morale, cooperation, assertiveness and risk-taking, creative planning for change and innovations, implementation of IH policies or other protocols, and ongoing professional development of self.
• Knowledge Integration – Using factual information, prior learning and basic principles and procedures to support decisions and actions with relevant research-based evidence. Integrates best practice from nursing and health-related disciplines and the humanities, arts and sciences disciplines into professional practice.
• Ability to operate related equipment including relevant computer applications.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth