PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE LEADER – RESPIRATORY THERAPYApply Now Job ID 1390318 Date posted 05/01/2020
Facility :VERNON JUBILEE HOSPITAL
Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME
If you have a passion for Respiratory Therapy with strong, clinical skills; past or current leadership experience; and looking for a management role based in Southern Interior of BC’s Okanagan Valley, Interior Health is seeking to hire a Professional Practice Leader, Respiratory Therapy.
Based at Vernon Jubilee Hospital, the Respiratory Therapy Professional Practice Leader supervises and leads approximately 30 employees (i.e. Respiratory Therapists, Clerical Support) and the various clinical focuses of Acute Care, Community Care, Diagnostic Lab, Pulmonary Rehab, Home Oxygen Program and Asthma/COPD clinics. It is a position accountable for the administration, supervision, planning and budgeting of the Respiratory Therapy Departments. Administration matters include monitoring and managing budgets, workload, quality, labour relations, human resource issues and responsibility for interpreting and implementing all organizational regulations, policies and procedures as they apply to Allied Health Services in the respective areas.
Additional key leadership responsibilities are representation for the Respiratory Therapy profession and to ensure that practice standards for Respiratory Therapy are consistent with regulatory/accrediting body standards and relevant legislation. Much time is given to planning and collaborating with physicians, other health care leaders and provincial and regional committees.
This position offers a front-line, leadership/management opportunity where reporting staff is incredible to work with generating a great work culture that is in high-quality and progression. We are looking for a like-minded, talented individual to contribute towards our vision of setting new standards of excellence in the delivery of health services.
Days of work will be on a rotating schedule of 08:00-16:00 hours. Interior Health offers generous vacation entitlement and a 100 percent employer-paid, comprehensive benefits plan that includes coverage for basic Medical Services, Dental Services, and Extended Health. Generous vacation entitlement in which to enjoy the beautiful Okanagan lifestyle.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. If you are passionate about the work you do and are looking for a rewarding career and great work/life balance, contact us today!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Graduate of an accredited Respiratory Therapy program.
• Recent five (5) years' clinical practice including a minimum of two (2) years’ Supervisory or Management experience in the assigned Allied Health field; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• Current Registration with the College or current Certification with the appropriate Association/Body for the assigned Allied Health profession/discipline as applicable.
• Valid BC Driver’s license.
Skills and Abilities:
• Management: Demonstrated ability to organize work, set objectives and establish priorities. Manages time and resources, implements activities to promote cooperation among the interdisciplinary team, supervises responsibilities of others, and collaborates across disciplines.
• Leadership: Promotes staff morale, engagement, recognition and collaboration. Demonstrates creative planning for change and innovations, implementation of IH policies or other protocols, and ongoing professional development of self and others.
• Knowledge Integration: Integrates best practice and current research evidence to support professional practice decisions and actions.
• Communication: Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clients, families, the public, medical staff and the members of the interdisciplinary team using, oral, written and computer communication means. Demonstrated ability to effectively resolve conflict.
• Critical Thinking: Demonstrated ability to integrate and evaluate pertinent data (from multiple sources) to problem-solve and make decisions effectively. Applies the problem solving process demonstrating critical thinking and decision making skills using a systems approach.
• Teamwork: Demonstrated ability to foster teamwork and a commitment to excellence in the provision of client care.
• Teaching: Ability to teach clients and others both one-on-one and in groups.
• Equipment: Demonstrated computer skills including the use of Meditech and Windows based programs. Demonstrated data analysis skills including appropriate data analysis and reporting tools. Demonstrated ability in the use of e-mail and word processing. Ability to operate other related equipment as required in the specific practice area.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth