PHYSIOTHERAPIST – ACUTE CARE AND/OR COMMUNITY CAREApply Now Job ID 1420386 Date posted 07/09/2020
Facility :VERNON JUBILEE HOSPITAL
Interior Health’s Vernon Jubilee Hospital (VJH), North Okanagan (NOK) Community Rehab and Long-Term Care facilities invite applications for the role of Physiotherapist. We are looking for knowledgeable Physiotherapists with experience in developing client evidence-based, outcome-focused intervention strategies consistent with the clients’ needs and goals in order to achieve optimal health outcomes.
Vernon Jubilee Hospital is a 160 bed acute care hospital serving the growing communities within the North Okanagan region of approximately 80,000 residents. NOK Community Rehab and Long-Term Care facilities encompass the local communities of Vernon, Armstrong and Enderby. As a member of the VJH and/or North Okanagan multidisciplinary rehabilitation team, you will work independently and collaboratively providing physiotherapy services that include assessment, treatment planning and implementation, program planning, consultation, equipment prescription and education of clients and/or their caregivers.
Reporting to the Physiotherapy Professional Practice Lead you will draw upon your ability to identify client and therapist expectations and the client’s desired functional status and quality of life; administer standardized tests and measures; promote functional independence; and enable clients to achieve and maintain optimal health outcomes.
Casual employment means work requirements can vary between Zero and 37.5 hours per week. Shifts when offered on short notice or pre-planned will be 08:00 to 16:00 hours and could be within a 7 day work week. Flexibility and availability to accept shifts is a requirement of the position. Casual employees receive 12.6% of their straight time pay, exclusive of all premiums, in lieu of scheduled vacations and statutory holidays. Upon completion of 180 hours, there is option of purchasing medical, dental and extended health benefit plans.
At Interior Health every person matters! If you have honed your therapy skills and are enthusiastic about your practice and joining the VJH/NOK Physiotherapy team, we welcome receiving your application.
Facility Details: The new 230,000 square foot Polson Tower at VJH is a state-of-the-art facility with leading-edge technology and was built to Leadership in Energy and Environmental design gold standards. This new tower offers a new and expanded Emergency Department, Intensive Care and Coronary Care units, new Women’s and Children’s Services department, new Operating Theatres and Medical Device Reprocessing Department. Vernon Jubilee Hospital is also a satellite teaching hospital for the medical program at the University of British Columbia Okanagan Campus. Physiotherapists work in Acute Care, Outpatients, Inpatient Rehab, Occupational Rehab, Outpatient Neuro and Cardiac Rehab departments.
Community Profile: Vernon's small city charm melds with its year-round cultural events, festivals, and celebrations. Whether it's a morning on the greens or a day on a lake, this is the place where you become the hero of your own story. Celebrate the glorious sunshine with hiking and biking trails, lush orchards, and farmers markets galore! Once the snow flies, explore the winter carnival or strap on your downhill or cross-country skis, snowboards and snowshoes and head up to Silver Star Mountain for some of the best winter recreation around. Vernon’s unique history, diversified economy, and attractive climate offer residents a highly desirable balance of small-town charm combined with the amenities of an urban centre.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Current registration with the College of Physical Therapists of British Columbia (CPTBC).
• Valid Driver’s License.
Skills and Abilities:
• Teaching: Ability to teach clients and others both one-on-one and in groups.
• Knowledge Integration: Integrates best practice and current research evidence to support professional practice decisions and actions.
• Communication: Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clients, families, the public, medical staff and the members of the interdisciplinary team using, oral written and computer communication means. Demonstrated ability to effectively resolve conflict.
• Critical Thinking: Demonstrated ability to integrate and evaluate pertinent data (from multiple sources) to problem-solve and make decisions effectively. Applies the problem solving process demonstrating critical thinking and decision making skills using a systems approach.
• Management: Demonstrated ability to organize work, set objectives and establish priorities. Manages time and resources, implements activities to promote cooperation among the interdisciplinary team, supervises responsibilities of others, and collaborates across disciplines.
• Leadership: Promotes staff morale, engagement, and risk-taking. Demonstrates creative planning for change and innovations, implementation of IH policies or other protocols, and ongoing professional development of self and others.
• Teamwork: Demonstrated ability to foster teamwork and a commitment to excellence in the provision of client care.
• Equipment: Demonstrated computer skills including the use of Meditech and Windows based programs. Demonstrated data analysis skills including appropriate data analysis and reporting tools. Demonstrated ability in the use of e-mail and word processing. Ability to operate other related equipment as required in the specific practice area.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health News
Learn more about News@IH by reading our online blog.