PATIENT CARE COORDINATORApply Now Job ID 1398948 Date posted 05/08/2020
Facility :VERNON JUBILEE HOSPITAL
Our acute medical cardiology unit at the Vernon Jubilee Hospital in Vernon, B.C. is seeking a motivated and organized Patient Care Coordinator (PCC) with cardiac nursing experience to support and lead the team.
As the PCC for our busy 30 bed medical cardiac inpatient unit, you will be responsible for the coordination of day to day operations and the provision of high quality, safe patient care.
PCC responsibilities include:
• Supporting/coordinating the seamless movement of patients through the healthcare system and in accessing appropriate resources.
• Supervising staff, as well as serving as a role model and a resource to staff for clinical decision-making, clinical assessments of patients and in the counseling and education of families.
• Reviewing, analysing and making recommendations on the development of administrative systems such as policies, procedures and standards of patient care and adequate staffing levels.
• Developing and maintaining a continuous quality improvement environment.
• Liaising with the interdisciplinary team for identification, coordination and efficient utilization of resources as well as planning for staff educational needs.
This is a casual position. Shift times are 07:00-15:00 on an as needed basis. Casual employees are eligible to apply for internal postings including permanent and temporary positions. There are many opportunities with Interior Health that begin with casual employment and lead to regular employment.
If you think you would be an asset to our strong and welcoming nursing team, then we would love to hear from you! Come and join us, our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing, advanced preparation in the clinical specialty of the assigned area
Three years of recent related clinical experience in the assigned practice environment
Two years recent supervisory and teaching experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
Current CPR certification required.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth