OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST – ACUTE CAREApply Now Job ID 1401764 Date posted 05/27/2020
Facility :VERNON JUBILEE HOSPITAL
Status :RELIEF FULL TIME
Work where you matter! Interior Health’s Vernon Jubilee Hospital (VJH) invites applications for the role of Occupational Therapist (OT). VJH is looking for a knowledgeable OT with experience in developing and achieving the best treatment plans towards a safe and timely discharge from acute care and in collaborating collegially with partner groups, such as community and provincial agencies, to obtain and share information pertinent to care.
VJH is a 160 bed acute care hospital serving the growing communities within the North Okanagan region of approximately 80,000 residents. As a member of the VJH multidisciplinary rehabilitation team, you will work independently and collectively with other disciplines (i.e. PT, S-LP, RT, RN, RD, NP, GP, etc) providing occupational therapy services that include assessment, treatment planning and implementation, program planning, consultation, equipment prescription and education.
Reporting to the Occupational Therapy Professional Practice Lead, North Okanagan, you will draw upon your ability to utilize an evidence-based approach and to determine the suitability of services to ensure occupational performance issues important to the client are resolved with the goal of promoting functional independence which enables the client to achieve and maintain optimal health outcomes.
This temporary, full time position is in Acute Care (e.g. surgical, medical) until October 2021, or return of incumbent. This position is a Monday to Friday schedule with weekends and statutory holidays off. As regular employee status, this position is eligible for Interior Health’s 100 percent employer-paid benefit package.
At VJH you will find a seasoned, supportive and cohesive team that will allow you to challenge yourself professionally while enjoying all the personal pursuits available to you within this fantastic community and world renowned vacation destination. We welcome receiving your application today!
VJH: The new Polson Tower at VJH is a state-of-the-art facility with leading-edge technology that offers a new and expanded Emergency Department, Intensive Care and Coronary Care units, new Women’s and Children’s Services Department, new operating theatres and Medical Device Reprocessing Department. Vernon Jubilee Hospital is also a satellite teaching hospital for the medical program at the University of British Columbia Okanagan Campus.
Community Profile: Vernon's small city charm melds with its year-round cultural events, festivals, and celebrations. Whether it's a morning on the greens or a day on a lake, this is the place where you become the hero of your own story. Celebrate the glorious sunshine with hiking and biking trails, lush orchards, and farmers markets galore! Once the snow flies, explore the winter carnival or strap on your downhill or cross-country skis, snowboards and snowshoes and head up to Silver Star Mountain for some of the best winter recreation around. Vernon’s unique history, diversified economy, and attractive climate offer residents a highly desirable balance of small-town charm combined with the amenities of an urban centre.
Meet Amy, Occupational Therapist working at our Penticton Community Health Centre. Amy shares why she decided to relocate to the Interior of BC.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Graduation from a recognized occupational therapy program.
• Current registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia (COTBC).
• Eligible for membership in the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists or British Columbia Society of Occupational Therapists.
• Valid BC Driver’s license.
Skills and Abilities:
• Teaching: Ability to teach clients and others both one-on-one and in groups.
• Knowledge Integration: Integrates best practice and current research evidence to support professional practice decisions and actions.
• Communication: Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clients, families, the public, medical staff and the members of the interdisciplinary team using, oral written and computer communication means. Demonstrated ability to effectively resolve conflict.
• Critical Thinking: Demonstrated ability to integrate and evaluate pertinent data (from multiple sources) to problem-solve and make decisions effectively. Applies the problem solving process demonstrating critical thinking and decision making skills using a systems approach.
• Management: Demonstrated ability to organize work, set objectives and establish priorities. Manages time and resources, implements activities to promote cooperation among the interdisciplinary team, supervises responsibilities of others, and collaborates across disciplines.
• Leadership: Promotes staff morale, engagement, and risk-taking. Demonstrates creative planning for change and innovations, implementation of IH policies or other protocols, and ongoing professional development of self and others.
• Teamwork: Demonstrated ability to foster teamwork and a commitment to excellence in the provision of client care.
• Equipment: Demonstrated computer skills including the use of Meditech and Windows based programs. Demonstrated data analysis skills including appropriate data analysis and reporting tools. Demonstrated ability in the use of e-mail and word processing. Ability to operate other related equipment as required in the specific practice area.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth