MENTAL HEALTH & SUBSTANCE USE URGENT RESPONSE WORKERApply Now Job ID 1323752 Date posted 10/18/2019
Facility :VERNON HEALTH CENTRE
Interior Health is seeking a casual Mental Health and Substance Use (MHSU) Urgent Response Worker to join the Mental Health Crisis Response team at the Vernon Health Centre.
The Urgent Response Worker functions as a member of the larger Integrated & Strategic Services health care team and as a member of a specific multi-disciplinary team. This position provides crisis response, assessment, suicide intervention, short term treatment planning, time limited case management and as required, rapid response to clients who may also have serious functional impairment in the domains of physical health and personal, family, financial, occupational, and social life. The role functions as a primary clinician for short periods of time utilizing a variety of specialized treatment modalities/therapies for individuals, groups of clients and/or their families.
Some Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
• While directly involved with the client, conducts follow up assessments of the client’s condition and determines the client’s needs.
• Provides comprehensive short term bio/psycho/social services that include a continuum of services designed to optimize clients’ recovery and ability to function.
• Provides short term case management, supportive counseling, and other forms of direct service, and directly provides or assists the clients to access services to deal with treatment and recovery issues.
• Arranges access to specialized services.
• Provides a quick response to individuals who present as “walk in” clients.
• Identifies and responds to the need for involvement in discharge planning and follow up after an admission to a hospital unit or emergency department.
• Documents assessments, treatment formulations, care plans and progress notes.
• Establishes effective working linkages/relationships with all pertinent service providers.
Casual shifts are scheduled on an as-needed basis with shift times of 08:30 to 16:00, 09:00 to 17:12, 08:00 to 16:30, 09:00 to 18:30, 15:00 to 00:30 and 12:30 to 00:00.
If you have strong assessment and treatment skills and possess a relationship centered approach to practice then we would like to hear from you.
Don’t wait, make Interior Health your next best career destination. We’re all about giving people room-to-grow and room-to-make a significant difference in the lives of others. Apply Today!
Bachelor degree from an accredited educational institution in an Allied Health, Behavioural, or Social Science field relevant to the position.
Two (2) years’ recent related experience in a mental health and substance use environment or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Current valid BC driver’s license.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth