MENTAL HEALTH & SUBSTANCE USE (MHSU) COUNSELLING & TREATMENT CLINICIANApply Now Job ID 1463400 Date posted 11/19/2020
Facility :VERNON HEALTH CENTRE
Status :PERMANENT PART TIME (0.79 FTE)
We have a permanent part time opportunity for an MHSU Counselling & Treatment Clinician to join our high functioning and well integrated mental health and substance use team in Vernon, BC. We are seeking an experienced therapeutic counsellor with CBT, DBT and group work skills with a demonstrated ability to complete client assessments through appropriate interventions.
The MHSU Counselling & Treatment Clinician functions as a member of the larger Integration and Strategic Services health care team and as a member of a specific MHSU multi-disciplinary team. The position provides, at the advanced practice level, assessment, treatment, service coordination, and as required, urgent response to the most complex clients, frequently with co-occurring disorders, who may also have serious functional impairment in the domains of physical health and personal, family, financial, occupational, and social life. The MHSU Counselling & Treatment Clinician functions as a primary clinician utilizing a variety of specialized treatment modalities/therapies for individuals, groups of clients and/or their families.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides comprehensive bio/psycho/social services that include a continuum of services designed to optimize clients’ recovery and ability to function.
• Arranges access to specialized services such as substance use, forensic/criminal justice, developmental disability, and acquired brain injury.
• Identifies the need for, and ensures or arranges transition plans are in place for clients transferring between levels of care, including involvement in the client’s admission to acute care and discharge planning and follow up after an admission to a hospital unit or emergency department.
• Documents assessments, treatment formulations, care plans and progress notes.
• Provides consultation and shares information with community agencies and the public about mental illness and mental health and/or substance use services, promoting good public relations and facilitating efficient and cooperative relationships.
• Delivers and participates in in-service and other educational programs as required.
Shifts of work are Monday to Friday, 08:30 to 16:12.
Interior Health offers a comprehensive benefits plan that includes coverage for basic Medical Services, Dental Services, Extended Health including Massage Therapist, Chiropractor, and Physiotherapist services, plus Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability. In addition, a comprehensive Pension Plan is included for all permanent employees.
We strive to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Come and join us!
Master’s degree from an accredited educational institution in an Allied Health, Behavioural, or Social Science field relevant to the position.
Two (2) years’ recent related experience in a mental health and substance use environment or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Current valid BC Driver’s License.
**CBT and DBT skills are an asset
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health News
Learn more about News@IH by reading our online blog.