MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTIONISTS (VARIOUS INTERIOR OF BC SITES)Apply Now Job ID 1272867 Date posted 06/13/2019
Facility :VERNON JUBILEE HOSPITAL
Do you have front-line clerical experience and wish to work at the leading edge of healthcare to maximize your skills and be part of a dynamic team?
Interior Health is seeking Medical Transcriptionists applications. The position transcribes, interprets and edits dictation for multiple clinical disciplines and diagnostic departments and performs related clerical duties. Apply Today!
This posting is to establish an eligibility list for future casual vacancies. A qualified group of candidates will be identified. Once established, the qualified pool will be valid for a period of one year.
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
• A current Typing Test 60 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution, (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED);
• Your Medical Transcription Certificate – please note stand-alone courses in medical transcription are NOT equivalent to graduation from a Medical Transcription Certificate program;
• Your Resume indicating one year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to work in which worksite(s), to start in a new position and on-call, casual work (i.e. days of the week);
• Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Schools/Colleges/Universities.
Important Note: The duties cannot be performed remotely and the successful applicant has to be available to work in the following worksites:
• Vernon Jubilee Hospital in Vernon, BC
Offers services including core physician specialties, 24 hour emergency and trauma services, acute and obstetrical care
Medical Transcriptionist work hours, Rotating Days – 0700 – 1500; 0800 – 1600; 0900 – 1700.
• Penticton Regional Hospital in Penticton, BC
Regional hospital offers services including 24 hour emergency and trauma services, acute services, ambulatory and outpatient clinics, and diagnostic/paramedical services.
Medical Transcriptionist work hours, Rotating Days – 0700 – 1500; 0730 – 1530; 0830 – 1630; 0900 – 1700.
• East Kootenay Regional Hospital in Cranbrook, BC
Regional hospital offering services that include core physician specialties, 24 emergency and trauma services, Level 3 laboratory, acute and obstetrical care.
Medical Transcriptionist work hours, Rotating Days, Evenings – 0730 – 1530; 0800 – 1600; 0830 – 1630; 0900 – 1700.
• Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital in Trail, BC
Regional hospital offers services including core physician specialties, 24 hour emergency and trauma services, Level 2 laboratory, acute and obstetrical care, psychiatry, and chemotherapy.
Medical Transcriptionist work hours, Rotating Days – 0730 – 1530; 0800 – 1600.
Casual opportunities offer no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week. However, once hired with Interior Health, you will have opportunity to apply to relief and permanent positions.
Applicants can expect to perform the following duties:
• Ensure content, grammar, punctuation and format are correct by clarifying inconsistencies;
• Perform basic trouble-shooting for dictation/transcription/speech recognition software systems ;
• Assist physician inquiries regarding use of dictation equipment, status of jobs, or Stat dictation;
• Perform a variety of clerical duties: booking appointments; answering telephones; maintaining files and records; assembling charts;
• Carry out assigned workload, maintaining turnaround times as per department standards and guidelines;
• Respond to inquiries for patient information;
• Compile, print, and distribute statistical reports.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12,
• Medical Transcriptionist Certificate from an approved program, plus
• One year's recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of a Typing Test at 60 wpm dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED)
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard at 60 wpm.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work
• Ability to operate related equipment
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces. Be part of a dynamic team!
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED. **
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth