LIFELINE CLERKApply Now Job ID 1283709 Date posted 07/17/2019
Facility :DAY-BREAK ADULT DAY CTR
Day-Break Adult Day Centre in Vernon, BC is looking for a casual Lifeline Clerk to join their team! If you hold an Office Administration Certificate, plus one year's recent experience, a current typing TEST 50 wpm or greater and a current valid BC Driver's license....Apply today!
This position performs reception, administrative and Health Unit Aide support to CIHS programs, such as:
• Arranges and schedules home assessments and installations of Lifeline equipment;
• Ensures changes to care-plans are completed and submitted to Lifeline Response Centre;
• Completes appropriate forms for cancellation of Lifeline services;
• Schedules and ensures availability of volunteer installers;
• Answers general inquiries and troubleshoots for Lifeline Response Centre as required;
• Assists Lifeline Manager with promotional events;
• Maintains and processes Lifeline program accounts receivable by receiving cash and cheques;
• Requests new authorizations for Lifeline program payments from outside sources;
• Prepares reports as required using software applications, spreadsheets, graphics and databases;
• Monitors Lifeline Donation account and reports status of account to Manager;
• Clerical support - Composes and produces correspondence, maintains office filing system and inventory of office supplies.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training and Experience:
Grade 12, completion of a recognized business or secretarial certificate or diploma, and one year’s recent related experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Current valid BC Driver’s license.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others
• Ability to operate related equipment including knowledge of relevant computer applications and Lifeline equipment
• Ability to type at 50 w.p.m.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
• Knowledge of medical terminology
• Ability to organize and prioritize
• Business writing skills
• Knowledge of general office practices and procedures and their application
• Ability to analyze and resolve problems
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth