LIFELINE CLERKApply Now Job ID 1215359 Date posted 01/30/2019
Facility :VERNON JUBILEE HOSPITAL
Vernon Jubilee Hospital is looking for a Casual Lifeline Clerk to join their team! Apply today!
To apply, please submit your application and include:
• A current Typing Test 50 wpm or greater completed within past 24 months from a recognized institution;
• A Business or Secretarial Certificate or Diploma;
• Proof of completion of a Medical Terminology Course
• A current valid BC Driver’s License;
• Your Resume;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position and on-call, casual work (i.e. days of the week).
This position provides clerical and financial services to the Interior Health Lifeline Program including ongoing liaison with Lifeline subscribers and volunteers and answers general enquiries from the public regarding the program, such as:
• Arranges and schedules home assessments and installations of Lifeline equipment;
• Ensures changes to care-plans are completed and submitted to Lifeline Response Centre;
• Completes appropriate forms for cancellation of Lifeline services;
• Schedules and ensures availability of volunteer installers;
• Answers general inquiries and troubleshoots for Lifeline Response Centre as required;
• Assists Lifeline Manager with promotional events;
• Maintains and processes Lifeline program accounts receivable by receiving cash and cheques;
• Requests new authorizations for Lifeline program payments from outside sources;
• Prepares reports as required using software applications, spreadsheets, graphics and databases;
• Monitors Lifeline Donation account and reports status of account to Manager;
• Clerical support - Composes and produces correspondence, maintains office filing system and inventory of office supplies.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday – 08:00 to 16:00.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes:
• 4-Step Wage Progression;
• Comprehensive Employee Benefits – BC Medical Services Plan, Dental Plan, Extended Health Care Plan, and Life Insurance – all Employer paid;
• Municipal Pension Plan;
• Generous vacation entitlement starting at 3 weeks in full time positions;
• Continuing Education program; and
• Disability & Wellness Programs.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces. Be part of a dynamic team!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12
• Completion a recognized Business or Secretarial Certificate or Diploma, Plus
• One years recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of a Typing Test at 50 wpm dated within the past 24 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (ONLINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED)
• Current valid BC Driver's License
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to type at 50 wpm.
• Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others.
• Ability to operate related equipment including knowledge of relevant computer applications and Lifeline equipment.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Knowledge of medical terminology.
• Ability to organize and prioritize.
• Business writing skills.
• Knowledge of general office practices and procedures and their application.
• Ability to analyze and resolve problems.
**Along with your CV (resume), please submit a Business or Secretarial Certificate or Diploma, Typing Test (minimum 50 wpm within past 24 months) from a recognized institution, completion of a Medical Terminology Course and copy of valid BC Driver's License. Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Colleges/Universities.**
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth