HOME SUPPORT SCHEDULERApply Now Job ID 1254309 Date posted 05/02/2019
Facility :VERNON COMMUN CARE HEALTH
If you hold an Office Administration Certificate, plus two year's recent experience, proof of Medical Terminology Course and a current Typing Test of 30 wpm or greater, Vernon Community Care Health Services is looking for casuals Home Support Schedulers.
This position is responsible for developing and coordinating home support service schedules by preparing and adjusting schedules in accordance with care plans and applicable collective agreements. Duties may include:
• Enter relevant service referrals and/or changes into computer system;
• Review client needs and matches Community Health Workers;
• Schedule assignments and notifies Community Health Workers of the assignment;
• Monitor, maintain and adjust Community Health Worker’s schedules to comply with Collective Agreement Language;
• Confirm appointments with the client;
• Confirm completion of client service to referral clinician;
• Perform general staffing and timekeeping functions;
• Verify any discrepancies between reported hours and hours shown on calendar.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Be part of a dynamic team! Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12,
• Graduation from a recognized Office Administration Certificate program, Plus
• Two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of a five (5) minutes Typing Test 30 wpm or greater, dated within the past 24 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED)
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to type 30 wpm
• Ability to operate scheduling and database software in a windows environment
• Ability to communicate effectively to clients and families, community health workers and all members of the health care team
• Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others
• Ability to plan, organize and prioritize
• Knowledge of general office procedures
• Ability to manage a high volume of work and manage several tasks at once
• Ability to analyze and resolve problems
• Knowledge of medical terminology
• Ability to operate related equipment
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth