FOOD SERVICE WORKER – VERNON, B.C. (NORIC HOUSE)Apply Now Job ID 1534037 Date posted 04/08/2021
Facility :NORIC HOUSE EXTENDED CARE
Noric House in Vernon, BC is looking for Casual Food Service Workers to join their team! If you have a Food Safe Certificate and Grade 10 or equivalent combination of education, training and experience....Apply today!
As a team player you will perform a variety of duties within a Food Service Operation such as:
• Portioning and serving meals and beverages within a dining room and/or cafeteria operation;
• Counts, weighs and/or measures ingredients for assigned food preparation area;
• Washing and peeling vegetables and fruit;
• Assembles beverages and food items - tea, coffee, sandwiches, salads, bag lunches, items for Meals on Wheels;
• Washing dishes and utensils;
• Setting up and delivering meal carts;
• Cleaning of food service areas.
• Clerical duties such as answering the telephone, filing, writing information on menu cards
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Hours of work: 06:50 to 15:00, 10:35 to 18:45 – Rotating Days
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
You're going to love it here! Vernon's small city charm melds with its year-round cultural events, festivals, and celebrations. Whether it's a morning on the greens or a day on a lake, this is the place where you become the hero of your own story. Grab your bike, friends, and family, and enjoy the sweet smells of the outdoors as you explore. Celebrate the glorious sunshine with beaches, lakes, outdoor adventure, and orchards lush with fruit, fresh vegetables, and farmers markets galore! There are over 20 beaches where you can soak up the sun and have some water fun. And it doesn’t end there; enjoy live music, outdoor theatre, sports tournaments, wine festivals and golfing on world class courses from March to mid-November. The lifestyle opportunities continue when cooler weather just means a change to warmer clothes! Once the snow flies, marvel at the amazing snow sculptures at the winter carnival or strap on your skis, snowboards and snowshoes and head up to Silver Star Mountain for some of the best winter recreation fun around. Make Vernon your home and enjoy all the wonders it has to offer.
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 10,
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Food Safe Certificate
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work
• Ability to operate related equipment.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.