COMMUNITY MANAGER, NORTH OKANAGANApply Now Job ID 1236420 Date posted 03/14/2019
Facility :VERNON JUBILEE HOSPITAL
Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME
We have an amazing opportunity for a Community Manager to join our team in Vernon, BC! It you are a leader with a passion for healthcare and at least five years of management or supervisory experience, apply today!
The Community Manager is responsible for effective leadership to develop, implement, manage, evaluate, and support both new and current operational programs, including time-limited projects and reporting, of the North Okanagan (NOK) Community Health Services Portfolio in accordance with Interior Health’s (IH) standards and strategic initiatives.
The Community Manager supports the HCIS Community Administrator, NOK in the development and implementation of an annual work plan for the portfolio by collaborating with stakeholders within IH and external to the Portfolio and organization. The Community Manager position is designed to evolve with the Portfolio to ensure the consistency of, accessibility to, and applicability of NOK community programs, projects, and activities across all Health Service Delivery Areas and for patient-centric care.
Some typical duties and responsibilities:
• Promotes the vision, mission, values, and strategic direction of IH.
• Develops a working environment that supports the IH values of Quality, Integrity, Respect, and Trust to co-create a climate of mutual respect, open communication, teamwork, collaboration, shared learning, and innovation.
• Leads front-line teams to ensure coordination and integration of community health services to deliver timely, quality, and safe patient care.
• Identifies material, spacial, and financial resources required for the delivery of services; provides critical input to budget development; recommends resource allocation and budgetary adjustments; monitors expenditures and variance reports; and ensures that resources are utilized effectively and efficiently to meet the needs of the public.
• Develops and manages service contracts where applicable.
• Assumes overall responsibility for staff including recruitment, selection, orientation, collective agreement administration, grievances, performance management, and termination as per IH policy.
• Participates in related job functions and projects as required and undertakes other related duties as may be assigned.
• Participates in an on-call rotation as assigned.
Our benefits package includes:
• 4 weeks vacation
• Insurance premiums 100% paid by Interior Health
• Medical Services Plan
• Extended Health Coverage
• Dental Health Coverage
• Pension Plan
The city of Vernon and the surrounding area is a major vacation destination for those flocking to the Okanagan Valley and is one of those rare cities where unsurpassed beauty and an abundance of recreational and cultural activities combine to create an exceptional quality of life enjoyed by residents and visitors alike. The rocky, forested headlands and sheltered, sandy bays await you on the east side of Okanagan Lake, just a few miles south of Vernon. This is an area of undulating bench land dominated by stands of Ponderosa pine and Douglas fir, set between the rolling hills of the Thompson Plateau to the west and the peaks of the Monashee Mountains to the east.
Education, Training, and Experience
• A Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline.
• Five to seven years of recent, related management or supervisory experience, including a minimum of three years leading frontline multi-disciplinary teams in service delivery. Program coordination or project management experience is an asset.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth