ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES ASSISTANTApply Now Job ID 1269985 Date posted 06/12/2019
Facility :VERNON HEALTH CENTRE
Vernon Health Centre is looking for a Casual Administrative Services Assistant to join their team! Apply today!
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
• A current Typing Test 40 wpm or greater completed within past 24 months from a recognized institution;
• An Office Administration Certificate;
• A current valid BC Driver’s License;
• Your Resume;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes:
• 4-Step Wage Progression;
• Comprehensive Employee Benefits – BC Medical Services Plan, Dental Plan, Extended Health Care Plan, and Life Insurance – all Employer paid;
• Municipal Pension Plan;
• Generous vacation entitlement starting at 3 weeks in full time positions;
• Continuing Education program; and
• Disability & Wellness Programs.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces. Be part of a dynamic team!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12
• Graduation from a recognized Office Administration Certificate Program, Plus
• One years recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of a Typing Test at 40 wpm dated within the past 24 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (ON-LINE TEST NOT ACCEPTED)
• Current valid BC Driver's License
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to type at 40 wpm
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
• Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others
• Ability to operate related equipment
• Ability to organize and prioritize
• Knowledge of general office procedures
• Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients
• Knowledge of nursing equipment
• Knowledge of sterilization techniques and procedures
• Business writing skills
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth