ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANTApply Now Job ID 1236924 Date posted 03/15/2019
Facility :VERNON HEALTH CENTRE
Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME
Interior Health is looking for an experienced, highly efficient and self -directed permanent full time Administrative Assistant to join the North Okanagan Community department at the Vernon Health Centre.
In accordance with the established vision and values of the organization, the Administrative Assistant provides confidential administrative support functions to the Health Services Administrator, NOK Community. Responsibilities include: coordinating and organizing workflow; determining priorities in a fast-paced environment; composing confidential correspondence for signature; designing and creating correspondence, documents, presentations, orientation packages and spreadsheets (including data entry) for authorization by the Health Services Administrator, NOK Community ; arranging travel and accommodation by booking and confirming flights, vehicles, and hotel reservations; maintaining the integrity and confidentiality of all information which flows through, and is processed for the Health Services Administrator, NOK Community as it pertains to patient care, operations, personnel, labour relations, finance, and public affairs; and stakeholder partnerships. The Administrative Assistant maintains the integrity and confidentiality of all information which flows through the Health Services Administrator, NOK Community team office.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Along with a competitive salary, your total compensation package may include vacation, health care and dental benefits, and contributions toward your retirement pension. As a member of the Interior Health (IH) team, you'll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work while maintaining a balanced lifestyle. Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Come and join our team….Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education & Experience:
• Graduation from a recognized secretarial program.
• Three to five years of experience as an Administrative Assistant in a large, complex organization.
• Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Demonstrates all LEADS Capabilities, in particular:
• Leads Self – self-awareness, demonstrates character
• Engages Others – communicates effectively
• Achieves Results – takes action to implement decisions
• Develops Coalitions – builds partnership and networks to create results, demonstrates a commitment to customers and service
• System Transformation – encourages and supports innovation
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Ability to organize workload and set priorities.
• Ability to take initiative and act independently where appropriate.
• Ability to work without supervision.
• Ability to type 50 wpm and set up letters, reports, etc. in a professional format.
• Knowledge of applicable computer hardware and software programs and the ability to perform web-based searches.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth