REGISTERED NURSE – PERIOPERATIVE (OR)Apply Now Job ID 1413862 Date posted 06/27/2020
Facility :KOOTENAY BNDRY RGNL HSPTL
Status :RELIEF FULL TIME
Interior Health’s Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital (KBRH) invites applications for the role of Registered Nurse (RN), Operating Room. KBRH is looking for a knowledgeable Perioperative prepared RN with experience in the delivery of client–centered care that has assisted individual clients and their families respond to changing health care needs.
KBRH is a 75-bed full service regional hospital serving 80,000 people in the Kootenay Boundary region. Surgical services include General, Orthopedic, OB/Gyn, ENT, Plastics, Urology and Ophthalmology. As a member of the KBRH Operating Room team, you will coordinate and oversee the overall care of the client and set priorities, provide clinical expertise and leadership for the plan of care, plan and implement health care treatments and interventions, and assign and delegate tasks as appropriate to other members of the healthcare team.
Reporting to Manger, Clinical Operations Operating Room, you will draw upon your ability to establish therapeutic relationships through the use of effective interpersonal and interviewing techniques, ensuring client choices and autonomy in decision making and care planning.
This position is eligible for our comprehensive benefits plan that includes coverage for basic Medical Services, Dental Services, and Extended Health. Shifts will be Days and Evenings with Evening and week-end shifts have call attached. This positon is to provide temporary coverage to June 2021, or until return of incumbent.
At KBRH you will find a seasoned, supportive and cohesive team that will allow you to challenge yourself professionally while enjoying all the personal pursuits available to you within this fantastic community and world renowned vacation destination. We welcome receiving your application today!
Facility Details: KBRH offers core specialist physician services including 24-hour Emergency and Trauma Services, Level 2 Laboratory, Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Acute and Obstetrical Care, Orthopedics, Plastics, Urology, Ophthalmology, Psychiatry, Chemotherapy and advanced diagnostic services. KBRH is the regional base for the 24-hour High Acuity Response Team (HART) consisting of dedicated critical care transport nurses, and as required, respiratory therapists, who respond to support rural and remote clinicians in the transport and management of critically ill and injured patients. Transport is supported by BC Ambulance Services (BCAS) for major medical care with transfer to Kelowna that is 313 kilometers from Trail.
Community Profile: Nestled in the Selkirk and Monashee mountain ranges, on the banks of the Columbia River, the West Kootenay communities of Trail and Rossland await. Enjoy breathtaking vistas year round, powder skiing at Red Mountain Resort, biking along mountain trails and bountiful fishing, all only minutes away. As a hotbed for technology, research and development, these Kootenay mountain towns provide innovative industry and lifestyle. Offering a safe, welcoming community atmosphere, affordable real estate, and outstanding recreational facilities, Trail and Rossland are wonderful locations to raise a family. Make Trail or Rossland your home and live where you work and play!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
• Advanced preparation in the clinical specialty of Peri-operative Nursing.
• One year recent related clinical experience in the assigned practice environment on an operating room similar in size and scope to the facility or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
• Assessment and Intervention – Demonstrated ability to complete initial and ongoing client assessments (clinical and diagnostic reasoning) and provide nursing care through appropriate/ prescribed technical, therapeutic, safety type interventions.
• Communication – Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with the clients, families, the public, medical staff and the members of the interdisciplinary team using verbal, written and computer communication means.
• Critical Thinking – Demonstrated ability to integrate and evaluate pertinent data (from multiple sources) to problem-solve effectively.
• Human Caring and Relationship Centered Practice – Ability to promote client-focused care that demonstrates care for and with clients and significant others, sensitive to diverse cultures and preferences, client advocacy and social justice concerns.
• Teaching – Ability to transmit information intended to instruct clients and others about topics essential to health care and well-being.
• Management – Manages time and resources, implementing activities to promote cooperation among relevant others, collaboration across disciplines and related activities.
• Leadership – Promotes staff morale, cooperation, assertiveness and risk-taking, creative planning for change and innovations, implementation of IH policies or other protocols, and ongoing professional development of self.
• Knowledge Integration – Using factual information, prior learning and basic principles and procedures to support decisions and actions with relevant research-based evidence. Integrates best practice from nursing and health-related disciplines and the humanities, arts and sciences disciplines into professional practice.
• Ability to operate related equipment including relevant computer applications.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth