PRACTICE LEAD, ACCESS AND EFFICIENCYApply Now Job ID 1357250 Date posted 01/14/2020
Facility :KOOTENAY BNDRY RGNL HSPTL
Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME
We are seeking a Practice Lead, Access and Efficiency to join our team.
The Practice Lead is responsible for planning, coordinating, and facilitating the implementation of regional strategies by working collaboratively with operational leaders in their designated areas of assignment. The Practice Lead has strong clinical knowledge in cross-portfolio care programs and care planning and has a comprehensive understanding of system processes to ensure effective linkages are in place across the continuum of care.
The Practice Lead works as a member of the Regional Initiatives Team to ensure a consistent approach to meet organizational priorities that increases the quality of care to patients, clients, and residents who receive healthcare services. As a member of this team, the Practice Lead is committed to high quality, research-based practice with measurable outcomes.
The Practice Lead works as a collaborative member of cross-portfolio operational teams to facilitate regional standards, while recognizing local site differences in capacity and resources. During the implementation of regional initiatives, the Practice Lead strives to build capacity within the site for ongoing sustainable practice.
The successful applicant will be required to be exceedingly flexible with respect to how, where, and when the work is to be done.
This position will cover both the Kootenay Boundary and South Okanagan regions.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Quality, Safety, and Effectiveness
• Facilitates the implementation of quality improvement initiatives that inform the continuous development of Access & Efficiency/ALC Management and other operational strategies.
• Collaborates with multi-disciplinary teams to examine client-centered processes and performance/ quality indicators to measure the effectiveness of service delivery.
• Collaborates on the implementation of evidence-based practice standards for IH-wide service delivery.
Efficiency and Sustainability
• Collaborates to plan and implement initiatives that improve the flow of patients across the full continuum of care. The focus of the work is to continuously improve and standardize services from the perspective of the patient, the general public, and the clinician.
• Applies principles of quality improvement and LEAN methodology in planning and implementing initiatives.
• Develops strong relationships with operational leaders to ensure full understanding of system needs and the impact of changes.
• Ensures frequent, clear communication with stakeholders throughout change processes,
• Provides information to other departments to support their activities.
• Provides verbal and written presentations as required.
• Collaboratively coordinates and implements Health Authority-wide and/or provincial strategic and service delivery plans, taking direction from objectives and strategies.
• Considers potential approaches and work plans, taking into consideration the diverse stakeholder needs and resources available.
• Collaboratively works with stakeholders to inform planning, based on best practices through consultation and engagement.
• Gathers, synthesizes, and clearly communicates large amounts of complex information and data to support planning activities.
• Collaboratively identifies, prioritizes, and assists with the implementation of initiatives to improve efficiency, quality, coordination, and integration of services along the continuum of care.
• Using a wide range of skills and abilities, as well as a broad system perspective, understands local processes, identifies existing service gaps or issues through multiple clinical reviews, and makes recommendations for change,
• Collaborates with multiple stakeholders to identify and address system-wide gaps that exist.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Training, and Experience
• A Master’s degree in a health-related field.
• Five to seven years of related experience in implementing and evaluating large-scale projects.
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated knowledge and the ability to work with diverse populations, incorporating diverse perspectives, values, and approaches into planning.
• Demonstrated ability to identify and analyze situations and problems such that viable solutions are found. Approaches challenges and complexities from a systems perspective.
• Demonstrated ability to guide individuals toward the vision while maintaining group cohesion, motivation, commitment, and effectiveness. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with multi-disciplinary teams.
• Demonstrated ability to identify and implement strategies and opportunities in a dynamic environment that leads to identified outcomes.
• Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects at a time; Identifies synergy between various initiatives to integrate new knowledge and processes with existing practices.
• Working knowledge of processes related to patient/client movement through hospitals and communities.
• Ability to utilize computerized software/hardware technology.
• Ability to travel as required.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth