POWER ENGINEER 4 / MAINTENANCE WORKER 5Apply Now Job ID 1190931 Date posted 11/23/2018
Facility :KOOTENAY BNDRY RGNL HSPTL
We have an opportunity for a casual Power Engineer at Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital in Trail, BC.
As the Power Engineer you will operate and maintain a power plant or any low pressure steam plant by operating, repairing and carrying out preventative maintenance on the boilers, air conditioning units, emergency power, and other related equipment of the facility in compliance with applicable codes and regulations. You will also perform trade duties approaching the journeyman level in one or a variety of trade’s areas such as electrical, plumbing and painting in compliance with applicable codes and regulations and supervises Maintenance Workers and other designated staff.
Typical duties & responsibilities:
• Operates steam, hot water heating boilers, expansible fluid and air conditioning systems, including starting up and shutting down boilers and related pumps, fans, air compressors, pneumatic systems; monitors and adjusts temperature control system, pressure and feed water levels; monitors and records meter and gauge readings to ensure distribution of steam/air heating to designated areas.
• Monitors and adjusts physical plant and heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems by operating a variety of mechanical, pneumatic and/or electronic control systems and performing such tasks as altering systems operating parameters and schedules; repairs and calibrates various instrumentation components of the steam and HVAC systems; maintains required documentation.
• Establishes, monitors and performs preventative and demand maintenance on steam, hot water heating boilers, expansible fluid, ventilation and air conditioning systems by lubricating, repairing, replacing or installing equipment and/or parts such as pumps, fans, air compressors, heaters, refractories, pneumatic systems, valves, bearings and seals.
• Supervises maintenance workers and other designated staff by performing duties such as directing, scheduling and coordinating work assignments related to construction and project work and evaluating employee performance; determining related training and orientation requirements.
• Performs other related duties as directed.
Days of work are rotating and would include day, evening and night shifts with shift times of 06:30 to 18:30 or 18:30 to 06:30.
We strive to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces.
Come and join Interior Health, where Every Person Matters!
Known as the Silver City, and previously known as Trail Creek, Trail is one of BC’s most important economic centers. Excellent swimming, powder skiing, nature walks along the mountain trail, and bountiful fishing are all minutes away. This is a great place to raise a family, as Trail boasts an excellent community atmosphere with distinctive character, having an ‘Old World Feel’.
• Grade 10, plus four years’ recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience,
• Certificate of competency as 4th Class Power Engineer recognized by the Province of British Columbia
• Valid BC Driver’s License.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth