PHARMACY TECHNICIANApply Now Job ID 1530415 Date posted 04/09/2021
Facility :KOOTENAY BNDRY RGNL HSPTL
Status :PROJECT POSITION PART TIME (0.80 FTE)
Join our team as we build clinical pharmacy practice across Interior Health through innovation, progression, and dedication! At Interior Health we provide room-to-grow and the opportunity to make a significant, personal contribution to the lives of others. If you seek the peace and tranquility of rural living, you’ll find it within the beautiful, natural setting of the Interior of British Columbia!
We are actively looking a Project Position Part-Time (0.80 FTE) Pharmacy Technician. This project position will end August 31, 2021. This position is a multisite role with shifts scheduled at Kootenay Boundary Hospital in Trail, B.C and Kootenay Lake Hospital in Nelson, B.C. Please note that travel is a requirement for this position and transportation arrangements must meet the Employer’s requirements. You are required to hold a valid B.C. Driver’s License and may be required to drive a personal car as a condition of employment.
As a registered Pharmacy Technician, you will operate in accordance with the competency guidelines and the scope of practice and standards of practice as outlined by the College of Pharmacists of BC, and according to organizational policies, procedures, standards and unit specific protocols.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
• Processes medication orders that are clinically reviewed for therapeutic appropriateness and approved by a Pharmacist.
• Receives verbal and non-verbal prescriptions from practitioners and ensures that prescriptions are complete and authentic.
• Prepares, processes and compounds prescriptions.
• Ensures the accuracy and completeness of dispensed prescriptions prepared by self or others by verifying order entries and/or performing the final check of dispensed prescriptions.
• Processes prescriptions for temporary inpatient leaves of absence.
• Transfers prescriptions to and receives prescriptions from other pharmacies.
• Enters and ensures the accuracy and completeness of drug and personal health information in the Pharmacy information system.
• Maintains stock levels and performs clerical duties as assigned.
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12 and graduation from an accredited Pharmacy Technician program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Current practicing registration as a Pharmacy Technician with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.