MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTIONISTApply Now Job ID 1280466 Date posted 07/12/2019
Facility :KOOTENAY BNDRY RGNL HSPTL
Status :RELIEF PART TIME (0.60 FTE)
Do you have front-line clerical experience and wish to work at the leading edge of healthcare to maximize your skills and be part of a dynamic team?
Interior Health is seeking a relief part time (0.60 FTE) Medical Transcriptionists applications at the Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital in Trail, B.C. The position transcribes, interprets and edits dictation for multiple clinical disciplines and diagnostic departments and performs related clerical duties.
Applicants can expect to perform the following duties:
• Ensure content, grammar, punctuation and format are correct by clarifying inconsistencies;
• Perform basic trouble-shooting for dictation/transcription/speech recognition software systems ;
• Assist physician inquiries regarding use of dictation equipment, status of jobs, or Stat dictation;
• Perform a variety of clerical duties: booking appointments; answering telephones; maintaining files and records; assembling charts;
• Carry out assigned workload, maintaining turnaround times as per department standards and guidelines;
• Respond to inquiries for patient information;
• Compile, print, and distribute statistical reports.
An attractive remuneration package in keeping with your qualifications and experience and excellent career prospects awaits the right candidate. In addition to a competitive wage, we offer a total compensation package! We have one of the best benefit package and pension plans in Canada. In addition to Medical, Dental and Extended Health coverage, we offer paid annual vacation. As well, we offer an attractive (defined benefit) employee pension plan, disability and life insurance, and options for maternity &/or paternity leave top-up.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12,
• Medical Transcriptionist Certificate from an approved program, plus
• One year's recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of a five (5) minute Typing Test at 60 wpm dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED)
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard at 60 wpm.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work
• Ability to operate related equipment
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
• A current five (5) minute Typing Test 60 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution, (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED);
• Your Medical Transcription Certificate – please note stand-alone courses in medical transcription are NOT equivalent to graduation from a Medical Transcription Certificate program;
• Your Resume indicating one year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to work in which worksite(s), to start in a new position and on-call, casual work (i.e. days of the week);
• Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Schools/Colleges/Universities.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth