EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR CLINICAL OPERATIONS, KOOTENAY BOUNDARYApply Now Job ID 1332627 Date posted 11/08/2019
Facility :KOOTENAY BNDRY RGNL HSPTL
Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME
The Executive Director is a member of the Clinical Operations Leadership Team and is accountable to the Vice President for the planning, delivery, and evaluation of clinical patient care services within the portfolio to meet the needs of the residents of the assigned Interior Health service delivery area. The Executive Director provides senior leadership and direction to the development, implementation, and assessment of strategies, program/ service objectives, and operations that support patient-focused seamless care that is integrated across community and hospital settings in the service delivery area. The Executive Director works in formal partnership (i.e., dyad relationship) with the physician leader in the service delivery area.
The Executive Director also holds responsibility for various assigned services across Interior Health.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develops and oversees an integrated and networked health delivery system across the continuum of care within the assigned service delivery area. Ensures alignment with the broader Clinical Operations portfolio and Ministry of Health and Senior Executive Team directives to improve the health status of the population served.
• Ensures the tactical planning, financial and business operations, and service delivery activities of the portfolio align with and contribute to successful achievement of the organization’s strategic services plan and deliverables and are working towards ensuring public confidence in health system performance.
• Provides sound financial management (operational and capital) focused on achieving a balanced budget while ensuring a high quality of care at all service levels. Working within the approved financial mandate, prepares budget and program recommendations, oversees and monitors actual expenses and program/service outcomes, identifies efficiencies and promotes optimal use of resources, and makes recommendations on current and future program and service adjustments.
• Partners with the Provincial Health Services Authority in the planning, management, and implementation of provincially delivered and coordinated programs/services.
• Fosters an environment that embraces and supports innovation and evidence-based research to inform local decision-making and develop enhanced practices and protocols.
• Ensures the continued development and evaluation of a multi-year people management plan that complements Interior Health’s strategic human resources direction for staff, volunteers, and physicians.
• Adheres to agreements and policy commitments signed or agreed by the Ministry of Health with the British Columbia Medical Association and the Health Employers’ Association of British Columbia with respect to labour and health human resources.
• Partners with the Chief Project Officer to provide oversight and guidance on major construction projects.
• Develops and maintains internal relationships with staff, physicians, patients/clients, and volunteers by communicating effectively to ensure the business operations and service delivery activities of the portfolio are aligned and contribute to the successful achievement of Interior Health’s Strategic Directions.
• Develops and maintains relationships with key external stakeholders such as elected officials, government agencies, regional hospital districts, aboriginal leaders, advocacy groups, and foundations, and represents the organization in a variety of settings and to external stakeholders. Relationships with key stakeholders are foundational for success and must encourage understanding, cooperation, and cultural safety in the development, implementation, and evaluation of the portfolio programs and services.
• Provides leadership for other services, programs, or projects as assigned by the Vice President.
• A Master’s degree in a health, business or related discipline.
• Fifteen or more years of clinical and leadership experience in large, complex, adaptive health organizations.
Demonstrates all LEADS Capabilities, in particular:
• Leads Self – self-awareness, demonstrates character
• Engages Others – fosters the development of others, communicates effectively, builds effective teams
• Achieves Results – sets direction, strategically aligns decisions with vision, values & evidence
• Develops Coalitions – builds partnerships & networks to create results, navigates socio-political environments
• System Transformation – demonstrates systems/critical thinking, strategically oriented to the future, champions & orchestrates change
Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of current and future healthcare issues.
• Ability to successfully utilize management strategies and programs.
• Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to unify, energize, and motivate people.
• Ability to drive and faciliatate change.
• Ability to influence others at all levels of the organization and well as external stakeholders.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing, including the ability to make effective presentations to groups.
• Ability to function effectively in a highly dynamic environment.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth