ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES ASSISTANTApply Now Job ID 1304732 Date posted 09/11/2019
Facility :KOOTENAY BOUNDARY OFFICE
Trail Mental Health is seeking casual Administrative Services Assistants to join their team!
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
• A current Typing Test 40 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution;
• An Office Administration Certificate;
• A current valid BC Driver’s License;
• Your Resume;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position.
This position performs reception, administrative and Health Unit Aide support to HCIS/MHSU/PCCT programs such as:
• Regular office and reception duties: Data entry, gathering, organizing, collecting, collating and verifying information, types correspondence, prepares presentations, arranges meeting, types agendas, takes and transcribes minutes, books travel, performs reception duties, record management;
• Schedules and confirms client appointments;
• Receives, records, checks and balances cash transactions;
• Maintains medical/surgical supplies, equipment and HCIS resource material;
• Clinical support - cleaning, setting up and dismantling rooms, cleaning/sanitizing toys and equipment, weighing and measuring babies, calibrating equipment, vision screenings;
• Cleans medical equipment and instruments;
• Delivering supplies and biologicals to health unit;
• Deal with clients who may be confused, anxious, angry or difficult.
• Graduation from a recognized Office Administration Certificate Program, Plus
• One years recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of a Typing Test at 40 wpm dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED)
• Current valid BC Driver's License
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to type at 40 wpm
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
• Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others
• Ability to operate related equipment
• Ability to organize and prioritize
• Knowledge of general office procedures
• Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients
• Knowledge of nursing equipment
• Knowledge of sterilization techniques and procedures
• Business writing skills
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth