RECREATION THERAPY WORKERApply Now Job ID 1283752 Date posted 07/17/2019
Facility :SUMMERLAND HEALTH CENTRE
As the Recreation Therapy Worker you will work as a member of the interdisciplinary team and are responsible for the implementation and evaluation of an established Recreation Therapy Program.
Dr. Andrew Pavillion (a.k.a. Summerland Extended Care) located in Summerland, embodies resident-centred philosophy designed to support residents’ choices, help people function at their highest level and provide the best quality of life possible. This facility is a one-storey, non-profit seniors care home with 50 private, semi-private and four-bed rooms with ensuite washrooms.
As the Recreation Therapy Worker, you will carry out established individual or group leisure/recreation therapy programs such as; arts, socio-cultural events, crafts, sports, music, cooking, gardening, and exercises as directed. You will also set up and organize furnishings and equipment for programs and/or special events, porter’s residents to programs, teaches the techniques of related programs to residents, and oversees the resident’s participation and reports problems/changes to supervisor. When attending resident programs outside of the facility and accompanies resident you will check that the resident has appropriate clothing and necessary funds for the outing, and confirm details of the program with the nursing staff or therapist.
Along with your organizational skills you will:
• Lead individual one to one sessions, groups, and large special events within the established recreation therapy program, adapts programs to meet the physical, social, cognitive, spiritual, emotional needs of the residents, completes resident attendance list on a daily basis, and submits to designated supervisor for care conferencing reports and program evaluation.
• Assist with promotion and publicizing of programs and or special events, and is responsible for decorating home for seasonal changes.
• Assist volunteers and/or students by providing functional direction during programs (1:1, small group, large group or special events).
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
If you are looking for a challenging career with a great work life balance, this position in Penticton is for you. Apply Today!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12
• Completion of a recognized recreation course(s).
• Two year’s recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Valid class 4 vehicle license is required.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth