PATIENT CARE AIDE / CLEANERApply Now Job ID 1449809 Date posted 09/30/2020
Facility :SPARWOOD HEALTH CENTRE
Are you a great team player with a Health Care Aide certificate and current registration? Sparwood Health Centre is looking for a casual Patient Care Aide/Cleaner to join their team!
This position primarily performs housekeeping duties throughout the facility and maintains clean and sanitary conditions in areas such as patient/resident/client rooms, washrooms, corridors, hallways, lounges, offices and common areas used by staff, visitors and patients/residents/clients. Occasionally you will also be required to perform Patient Care Aide duties to support the RN on duty. As the Patient Care Aide you will work under the functional direction of a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse and in cooperation with interdisciplinary team members to assist in the delivery of client and patient care.
Some typical Cleaner duties and responsibilities:
• Maintaining clean and sanitary conditions in areas such as patient rooms, washrooms, corridors, hallways, and common areas;
• Cleans areas including floors, stairways, walls, windows and ceilings by sweeping, vacuuming, dust mopping, spot washing and wet washing;
• Cleans and disinfects washrooms;
• Strips and makes beds;
• Picks up soiled laundry and linens;
• Cleans Nursing area and isolation rooms including washing of furniture;
• Maintains housekeeping utility rooms, machines, and equipment;
• Cleans upholstered furniture and carpets by vacuuming, shampooing, and brushing.
• Performs other related duties as assigned. Patient Care Aide duties and responsibilities (as required):
• Establishing and maintaining therapeutic relationships with patients/clients/families and providing support following established care plans;
• Providing assistance in the delivery of nursing care;
• Checking vital signs and documenting on patient’s chart; responding to call bells/alarms;
• Observing and monitoring clients’ progress, symptoms and behavioural changes and reporting significant observations;
• Utilizing established lifting /safety techniques and using appropriate equipment to assist patients with positioning, activation and transportation;
• Understanding the importance of and maintaining a clean and safe environment for clients, patients and staff.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements may vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week. We currently have two permanent staff in this role and are looking to build a casual pool to step in during vacations and other absences throughout the year. Apply today and be part of a dynamic team!
• Graduation from a recognized Nursing Assistant / Health Care Program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Registration with the BC Care Aide & Community Health Worker registry (please include your number)
*Along with a copy of your resume or CV please attach a copy of your Health Care certificate.*
• We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
• Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health News
Learn more about News@IH by reading our online blog.