COMMUNITY RESPIRATORY THERAPISTApply Now Job ID 1454793 Date posted 10/23/2020
Facility :SPARWOOD HEALTH CENTRE
Status :PERMANENT PART TIME (0.60 FTE)
Interior Health’s Sparwood Health Centre invites applications for the role of Community Respiratory Therapist. Sparwood Health Centre is looking for a knowledgeable Respiratory Therapist to provide information, education, and/or home visits for patients/client and environment assessments for adult and pediatric patients with respiratory dysfunction.
As member of the Sparwood Health Centre team, you will work within the health centre and community to deliver respiratory therapy services and programs related to the promotion of respiratory health; the assessment, education, treatment and rehabilitation of patients with respiratory dysfunction; communicating and demonstrating community and hospital based respiratory care procedures to other health care professionals and students; and in the use of respiratory equipment or special procedures.
We offer an exceptional employer-paid benefits package including dental and prescription coverage, group life, long term disability and extensive extended health plan, plus up to 12 days’ vacation after your first year of employment. Days of work will be Tuesdays through Thursdays.
Interior Health (IH) offers a positive work environment that promotes continuous learning, professional growth, and clinical skill development. When you join IH, you will be part of a progressive, multi-disciplinary team that consistently focuses on leading practice rehabilitation programs.
Community Profile: Sparwood boasts great hiking, fishing, snow shoeing, cross-country skiing, mountain biking, and other outdoor activities such as camping – there is actually a campsite located right inside the town. The town has an amazing Recreation Complex that houses a family pool, ice arena, curling facilities, climbing wall, squash courts, and weight rooms. It also offers yoga, cooking classes, spin classes, children’s dance and gymnastics and, because of its kitchen facilities, community events such as weddings are held there.
Community Respiratory Therapist Opportunity in Fernie, BC: Explore the option of simultaneously applying to two permanent, part-time Community Respiratory Therapist positions! An EK PCN Monday and Friday position may be combined with this Sparwood Health Centre’s permanent, part-time opportunity Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Apply today to be considered for both!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Graduation from a recognized program in Respiratory Therapy and two years’ recent experience in pulmonary rehabilitation, asthma education, respiratory home care, home ventilation, home oxygen, and sleep disordered breathing screening, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Current certification with the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists (CSRT) and eligible for registration with the British Columbia Society of Respiratory Therapists (BCSRT) and CSRT.
• Current valid BC driver’s license.
Skills and Abilities:
• Assessment and Treatment: Demonstrated ability to complete initial and ongoing client assessments (clinical and diagnostic reasoning) through appropriate/prescribed technical, therapeutic, safety type interventions.
• Teaching: Ability to teach clients and others both one-on-one and in groups.
• Knowledge Integration: Integrates best practice and current research evidence to support professional practice decisions and actions.
• Communication: Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clients, families, the public, medical staff and members of the interdisciplinary team using verbal, written, computer communication means. Ability to effectively apply conflict resolution skills.
• Critical Thinking: Demonstrated ability to integrate and evaluate pertinent data (from multiple sources) to problem-solve and make decisions effectively. Applies the problem solving process demonstrating critical thinking and decision making skills using a systems approach.
• Human Caring and Relationship Centered Practice: Ability to promote client-focused care that demonstrates care for and with clients and significant others, sensitivity to diverse cultures and preferences, client advocacy and social justice concerns.
• Management: Demonstrated ability to organize work, set objectives and establish priorities. Manages time and resources, implements activities to promote cooperation among the interdisciplinary team and collaborates across disciplines.
• Leadership: Promotes staff morale, engagement and empowerment. Demonstrates creative planning for change and innovation, implementation of IH policies or other protocols, and ongoing professional development of self and others.
• Teamwork: Demonstrated ability to foster teamwork and a commitment to excellence in the provision of client care.
• Equipment: Demonstrated computer skills including the use of Meditech and Windows based programs. Demonstrated data analysis skills including appropriate data analysis and reporting tools. Demonstrated ability in the use of e-mail and word processing. Ability to operate other related equipment as required in the specific practice area.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal and would like assistance with tips on resume and cover letter writing, the Interior Health application process, or interview readiness, send us your query via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to reach an Employment Advisor.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health News
Learn more about News@IH by reading our online blog.