REGISTERED NURSE – PERIOPERATIVE (OR)Apply Now Job ID 1406132 Date posted 06/16/2020
Community :SALMON ARM
Facility :SHUSWAP LAKE GEN HOSPITAL
Status :RELIEF PART TIME (0.52 FTE)
Interior Health’s Shuswap Lake General Hospital (SLGH) invites applications for the role of Registered Nurse (RN), Operating Room. SLGH is looking for a knowledgeable Perioperative prepared RN with experience in the delivery of client–centered care that has assisted individual clients and their families respond to changing health care needs.
SLGH is a newly renovated 40-bed, Level 2 Community Hospital located in Salmon Arm, between Kamloops and Revelstoke, which services the surrounding population of approximately 37,000 people. This hospital offers a 24-hour new Emergency Department with a registered nurse triage, laboratory and Radiology (X-ray), Surgical, Acute Care beds, Ambulatory and Outpatient Care, Obstetrical Care and Diagnostic/Paramedical Services. Additional features include three operating rooms, a modern computed tomography (CT), Echocardiography, Level 2 Intensive Care Unit (ICU) with three beds, and visiting clinics that include Orthopedics, Urology, Obstetrics/Gynecology and Pediatrics. Surgical services provided at SLGH are general surgery, ortho, gynecology, cystoscopy and endoscopy.
As a member of the SLGH Operating Room team, you will coordinate and oversee the overall care of the client and set priorities, provide clinical expertise and leadership for the plan of care, plan and implement health care treatments and interventions, and assign and delegate tasks as appropriate to other members of the healthcare team. Reporting to Manger, Clinical Operations Operating Room, you will draw upon your ability to establish therapeutic relationships through the use of effective interpersonal and interviewing techniques, ensuring client choices and autonomy in decision making and care planning.
Shifts are scheduled during the Monday to Friday workweek with weekends off. This position is to provide coverage until January 2021, or the return of incumbent. The successful candidate will be required to be available for after hours on-call and be able to be onsite within 30 minutes of being called. In addition to the consistent amount of hours this position offers, SLGH has much additional work to offer for an increased amount of hours on a consistent basis. This position is eligible for our comprehensive benefits plan that includes coverage for basic Medical Services, Dental Services, and Extended Health.
At SLGH you will find a seasoned, supportive and cohesive team that will allow you to challenge yourself professionally while enjoying all the personal pursuits available to you within this fantastic community and world renowned vacation destination. We welcome receiving your application today!
Community Profile: Situated in a lush valley on the shores of beautiful Shuswap Lake, the City of Salmon Arm is the economic hub of the Shuswap Lakes region. Panoramic lake views, rolling farm land and forested mountains attract visitors from around the world as does Salmon Arm’s wide variety of cultural, seasonal, and outdoor recreation opportunities. From hiking to boating, to the annual Salmon Arm Roots & Blues Festival, there is no shortage of opportunities for building a healthy lifestyle in this family-friendly community. Salmon Arm's economy is a diverse mixture of forestry, agriculture, tourism and manufacturing. Come and experience outstanding wilderness scenery, countless recreational activities, and plentiful shops and boutiques; all enriched by a friendly, warm and welcoming community.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
• Advanced preparation in the clinical specialty of Peri-operative Nursing.
• One year recent related clinical experience in the assigned practice environment on an operating room similar in size and scope to the facility or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
• Assessment and Intervention – Demonstrated ability to complete initial and ongoing client assessments (clinical and diagnostic reasoning) and provide nursing care through appropriate/ prescribed technical, therapeutic, safety type interventions.
• Communication – Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with the clients, families, the public, medical staff and the members of the interdisciplinary team using verbal, written and computer communication means.
• Critical Thinking – Demonstrated ability to integrate and evaluate pertinent data (from multiple sources) to problem-solve effectively.
• Human Caring and Relationship Centered Practice – Ability to promote client-focused care that demonstrates care for and with clients and significant others, sensitive to diverse cultures and preferences, client advocacy and social justice concerns.
• Teaching – Ability to transmit information intended to instruct clients and others about topics essential to health care and well-being.
• Management – Manages time and resources, implementing activities to promote cooperation among relevant others, collaboration across disciplines and related activities.
• Leadership – Promotes staff morale, cooperation, assertiveness and risk-taking, creative planning for change and innovations, implementation of IH policies or other protocols, and ongoing professional development of self.
• Knowledge Integration – Using factual information, prior learning and basic principles and procedures to support decisions and actions with relevant research-based evidence. Integrates best practice from nursing and health-related disciplines and the humanities, arts and sciences disciplines into professional practice.
• Ability to operate related equipment including relevant computer applications.
• Must be physically able to lift, bend, push, pull as required to carry out routine tasks of the position.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth