PHYSIOTHERAPIST – ACUTE CARE | LONG-TERM CARE | COMMUNITY REHABApply Now Job ID 1229427 Date posted 02/25/2019
Community :SALMON ARM
Facility :SHUSWAP LAKE GEN HOSPITAL
Located in one of BC’s most picturesque communities, Shuswap Lake General Hospital is an active rural hospital serving the community of Salmon Arm.
An employment opportunity is available for a Physiotherapist who is seeking to supplement employment in a public health practice care setting. We are looking for a Physiotherapist with interest in supporting this hospital’s acute medical/surgical floors. There is also an opportunity to work in either our long term care area or community care areas for additional income.
In accordance with professional standards and code of ethics as outlined by the College of Physical Therapists of British Columbia (CPTBC), the Physiotherapist works independently and collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary rehabilitation team providing physiotherapy services including assessment, treatment planning and implementation, program planning, consultation, equipment prescription and education of clients and/or their caregivers to promote functional independence and enable the client to achieve and maintain optimal health outcomes. The Physiotherapist contributes to the organization and the overall goals of the profession, department; participates in departmental/program quality assurance initiatives, meetings, research, and education; and provides work direction to the rehabilitation assistant working with the rehabilitation team.
As a Casual employee, offered shifts may include: short-notice, on-call availability; workload coverage during a temporary absence; and/or providing relief coverage in a specific position. Days and shifts may vary with hours 08:30 to 16:30. Once hired into a casual position, employees become eligible to apply internal on relief and permanent positions as they become vacant. Upon completion of 180 hours in Casual employment, there is option of purchasing medical, dental and extended health benefit plans. Casual employees receive 12.6 percent of straight time pay, exclusive of all premiums, in lieu of scheduled vacations and statutory holidays.
At Interior Health we value commitment to safety and best practice and authentic accountable actions. We find new ways to transform and improve the delivery of health care. We achieve personal and organizational goals through working together, supporting one another and celebrating our successes.
Apply to work at Shuswap Lake General Hospital and to joining our quest to set new standards of excellence in the delivery of health services in the Province of British Columbia.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Current registration with the College of Physical Therapists of British Columbia (CPTBC).
• Valid BC Driver’s license where required.
Skills and Abilities:
• Teaching: Ability to teach clients and others both one-on-one and in groups.
• Knowledge Integration: Integrates best practice and current research evidence to support professional practice decisions and actions.
• Communication: Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clients, families, the public, medical staff and the members of the interdisciplinary team using, oral written and computer communication means. Demonstrated ability to effectively resolve conflict.
• Critical Thinking: Demonstrated ability to integrate and evaluate pertinent data (from multiple sources) to problem-solve and make decisions effectively. Applies the problem solving process demonstrating critical thinking and decision making skills using a systems approach.
• Management: Demonstrated ability to organize work, set objectives and establish priorities. Manages time and resources, implements activities to promote cooperation among the interdisciplinary team, supervises responsibilities of others, and collaborates across disciplines.
• Leadership: Promotes staff morale, engagement, and risk-taking. Demonstrates creative planning for change and innovations, implementation of IH policies or other protocols, and ongoing professional development of self and others.
• Teamwork: Demonstrated ability to foster teamwork and a commitment to excellence in the provision of client care.
• Equipment: Demonstrated computer skills including the use of Meditech and Windows based programs. Demonstrated data analysis skills including appropriate data analysis and reporting tools. Demonstrated ability in the use of e-mail and word processing. Ability to operate other related equipment as required in the specific practice area.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth