PHARMACY TECHNICIAN SUPERVISOR IIApply Now Job ID 1325232 Date posted 12/05/2019
Community :SALMON ARM
Facility :SHUSWAP LAKE GEN HOSPITAL
Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME
Do you have your Pharmacy Technician certificate and registration as a Pharmacy Technician with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia? Do you possess strong supervisory experience? If the answer is ‘yes’ we would love to hear from you!
Join our team as we build clinical pharmacy practice across Interior Health through innovation, progression, and dedication! At Interior Health we provide room-to-grow and the opportunity to make a significant, personal contribution to the lives of others. If you seek the peace and tranquility of rural living, you’ll find it within the beautiful, natural setting of the Interior of British Columbia!
We are actively seeking a permanent full time Pharmacy Technician Supervisor II to join our Pharmacy Team at the Shuswap Lake General Hospital in beautiful Salmon Arm, B.C.
The Pharmacy Technician Supervisor II operates in accordance with the scope of practice and standards of practice for Pharmacy Technicians as outlined by the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia and according to organizational policies, procedures, standards and unit specific protocols. Spends the majority of time overseeing the assigned pharmacy service area by supervising Pharmacy Technicians and other designated staff and performing related administrative functions. Performs Pharmacy Technician duties as required.
Some Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supervises Pharmacy Technicians, Pharmacy Assistants, Pharmacy Students and other designated staff by performing duties such as scheduling and coordinating work assignments, evaluating employee performance and determining related training and orientation requirements.
• Participates in the recruitment process by performing duties such as screening and interviewing applicants and making recommendations to the Manager (or designate).
• Monitors expenditures, makes recommendations regarding capital and operating budgets for assigned area, and evaluates equipment and supplies. Purchases minor equipment in accordance with established guidelines and procedures. Oversees inventory of equipment and supplies.
• In collaboration with the Manager (or designate) oversees, implements and maintains practice standards, policies and procedures in assigned pharmacy service area; ensures safety standards are adhered to; and maintains required documentation. Provides input on the development of IH-wide clinical practice standards for Pharmacy services.
• Receives prescriptions (verbal and non-verbal) from practitioners and ensures that prescriptions are complete and authentic by performing duties such as verifying allergy status and/or demographics.
• Prepares and processes prescriptions by performing duties such as entering orders, counting, measuring, packaging or re-packaging medications and compounding various sterile pharmaceutical products according to established procedures. Pre-packages oral, liquid and topical medications into unit-of-use format.
• Maintains accurate records such as medication verification and the results of quality assurance checks.
• Represents assigned pharmacy service area on internal and external committees or projects as required/assigned.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. As a member of the Interior Health (IH) team, you'll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work while maintaining a balanced lifestyle. Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Come and join our team….Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training and Experience:
Grade 12, and graduation from an accredited Pharmacy Technician program.
Three years recent related experience including one year in a supervisory capacity, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Current practicing registration as a Pharmacy Technician with the College of Pharmacists of BC.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth