Mental Health And Substance Use (Mhsu) Substance Use WorkerApply Now Job ID 1600499 Date posted 09/07/2021
Community :SALMON ARM
Facility :SALMON ARM HEALTH CENTRE
Put your assessment and treatment skills to the test and come join the hardworking, welcoming Mental Health and Substance Use multi-disciplinary team at Salmon Arm Health Centre. We are currently hiring a Casual Substance Use Worker to join our team!
The Substance Use Worker provides assessment, treatment, service coordination, and as required, urgent response to clients who may also have serious functional impairment in the domains of physical health and personal, family, financial, occupational, and social life. The Substance Use Worker functions as a primary clinician utilizing a variety of specialized treatment modalities/therapies for individuals, groups of clients and/or their families.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides comprehensive bio/psycho/social services for persons experiencing substance use problems/disorders or concurrent substance use and mental health problems.
• Provides intake, orientation, stabilization, and comprehensive mental health and substance use assessments.
• Collaboratively plans treatment goals with the client; implements treatment plans and evaluating treatment outcomes.
• Offers consultation, support, and education to families, informal supports, community agencies, and other health care providers involved.
• Liaises with alcohol and drug residential treatment, withdrawal management, and supportive recovery resources following specialized assessment and referral protocols in order to assist clients in accessing local, regional, or provincial services as required.
• Identifies the need for, and ensures or arranges transition plans are in place for clients transferring between levels of care, including involvement in discharge planning and follow up after an admission to a hospital unit or emergency department.
• Documents assessments, treatment formulations, care plans and progress notes according to professional standards and established guidelines.
Shifts are scheduled on a Casual basis from Monday through Friday Days (08:30 to 16:30 hours), as needed with weekends and statutory holidays off.
Apply today to come join our team in Salmon Arm, British Columbia!
Education, Training and Experience:
Bachelor degree from an accredited educational institution in an Allied Health, Behavioural, or Social Science field relevant to the position, plus two years’ recent related experience in an alcohol and drug treatment environment or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Current valid B.C. driver’s license.
Current valid BC driver’s license.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships.