Adult Day Service Worker – Salmon ArmApply Now Job ID 1593931 Date posted 09/07/2021
Community :SALMON ARM
Facility :SHUSWAP HEALTH SERVICES
We are currently seeking a Casual Adult Day Service Worker to join our dedicated and energetic team at Shuswap Health Services in Salmon Arm!
As an Adult Day Service Worker you will be responsible for meeting the needs of an assigned group of clients by assisting them in carrying out established programs and activity of daily living tasks. You will also transport clients to organized outings. The successful candidate will have strong communication skills and be a team player.
Shifts are from Monday to Friday, 08:00 to 16:00
**Please Note** Casual work comes with no guaranteed hours, and casual employees may expect to work anywhere from 0 to 37.5 hours per week. Come join our team in Salmon Arm!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12, completion of an Activity Assistant Program, and one year recent related experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Valid Food Safe certification.
• Current valid Class 4 BC Driver’s License.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Ability to organize and prioritize.
• Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients.
• Ability to observe and recognize changes in clients.
• Ability to instruct.
• Knowledge of, and ability to do, various arts and crafts, handicrafts, and sports activities.
• Knowledge of psychosocial rehabilitation principles.
*Class 4 vehicle License not required for this site
• We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships.