ADULT DAY SERVICE WORKER / BUS DRIVERApply Now Job ID 1308029 Date posted 09/13/2019
Community :SALMON ARM
Facility :SHUSWAP COM CARE HLTH SVC
We are currently seeking an Adult Day Service Worker & Bus Driver to join our dedicated and energetic team at Shuswap Community Care Health Clinic in Salmon Arm!
As an Adult Day Service Worker you will be responsible for meeting the needs of an assigned group of clients by assisting them in carrying out established programs and activity of daily living tasks. You will also transport clients to organized outings.
The successful candidate will have strong communication skills and be a team player.
Shifts are from 0800 to 1600, 0800 to 1630, Monday to Friday
Come join our team in Salmon Arm!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12, completion of an Activity Assistant Program, and one year recent related experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Valid Food Safe certification.
• Current valid Class IV BC Driver’s License.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Ability to organize and prioritize.
• Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients.
• Ability to observe and recognize changes in clients.
• Ability to instruct.
• Knowledge of, and ability to do, various arts and crafts, handicrafts, and sports activities.
• Knowledge of psychosocial rehabilitation principles.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth