ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANTApply Now Job ID 1429302 Date posted 08/01/2020
Community :SALMON ARM
Facility :SHUSWAP LAKE GEN HOSPITAL
Status :TERM SPECIFIC FULL TIME
Interior Health is hiring a term specific full time Administrative Assistant to join our Administration department at Shuswap Lake General Hospital in Salmon Arm, B.C. The term for this position is until August 31, 2021 or return of the incumbent.
The Administrative Assistant works in a team environment to provide confidential administrative support functions to the (Director, Manager, Administrator) for the (department, program, HSA, etc.) and other management staff as required. The Administrative Assistant serves as a vital linkage and communication source to keep the (department, program, HSA, etc.) informed and aligned to its priorities.
Responsibilities include: coordinating and organizing workflow; determining priorities; composing confidential correspondence for signature; designing and creating correspondence, documents, presentations, orientation packages, and spreadsheets (including data entry) for authorization by the management team; maintaining the integrity and confidentiality of all information which flows through, and is processed for management as it pertains to client care, operations, personnel, labour relations, finance, and public affairs; and supporting the (Director, Manager, Administrator) in setting the positive, collaborative, efficient tone for the (department, program, HSA, etc.).
SOME TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Acts as a resource and discusses inquiries for information with internal and external contacts in order to obtain and disclose information. Answers inquiries by determining the nature of the issues and provides information directly or through correspondence. Resolves day-to-day problems as required.
• Sets up and maintains manual and computerized filing systems for all correspondence and administration files. Maintains materials such as policy and procedure manuals.
• Coordinates meeting schedules and calendars by prioritizing and arranging appointments, cancelling, and/or rescheduling meetings as required. Ensures meeting space is arranged and all required material is available.
• Supports the (Director, Manager, Administrator) in completing the required documentation associated with Human Resources including: on staff and change notices, payroll removal forms, payroll queries, and travel reimbursements.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Along with your organization, attention to detail, knowledge and skills, we are looking for a candidate that can make a difference and takes pride in their career to work in our fast paced environment. You will perform within an innovative culture that’s focused on transformational change in the health care system.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Along with a competitive salary, your total compensation package may include vacation, health care and dental benefits, and contributions toward your retirement pension. As a member of the Interior Health (IH) team, you'll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work while maintaining a balanced lifestyle. Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Come and join our team….Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training, and Experience:
• Diploma and graduation from a recognized secretarial program.
• Three to five years of recent, related experience including experience working with various computer software programs.
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth