ACUTE HEALTH SERVICES MANAGERApply Now Job ID 1225265 Date posted 02/13/2019
Community :SALMON ARM
Facility :SHUSWAP LAKE GEN HOSPITAL
Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME
Are you a strong and dynamic leader who is passionate about health care? We are seeking an Acute Health Services Manager to join our fantastic team at Shuswap Lake General Hospital in Salmon Arm. BC!
The Manager will be accountable for ensuring excellence in the provision of patient centered care within the defined clinical areas of the OR, Ambulatory Care, Day Surgical Unit, Post Anesthetic Recovery and Outpatient Clinics.
The successful applicant will be responsible for providing leadership and direction for the operations, management, utilization, risk management, and quality improvement within the assigned portfolio. The Acute Health Services Manager will apply management theory and concepts to leading, staffing, evaluating, and data gathering, including the development of relevant outcome measures pertinent to the clinical areas. The Manager will be accountable for efficient, effective utilization of approved finances and human resources and for guiding and coordinating activities of the area(s) in accordance with professional standards. The Manager will also support the goals and strategic direction of Interior Health.
The Shuswap Lake General Hospital has 3 operating rooms; 2 for general surgery and one endoscopy room. It is a 43 bed facility, with 37 medical/surgical beds, 3 ICU/CCU beds and 3 Obstetrical beds.
With a population of over 17,000, Salmon Arm is the largest community within the Shuswap Lake system. Salmon Arm’s economy is a diverse mixture of forestry, agriculture, tourism, commerce and manufacturing. Its mild four-season climate, outstanding natural beauty, clean waterways, abundant green space, and pristine provincial parks have established the Shuswap as a world famous recreation area. Salmon Arm offers amenities that are normally associated with much larger population centres; the twin-sheet ice arena, community centre, extensive outdoor sports facilities, theatres, activity centres and outstanding educational and health facilities that all contribute to the exceptional quality of life enjoyed here.
Education, Training, and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing; a Master’s Degree in a health related field preferred
• A minimum of 7 to 10 years recent, related acute care experience with 3 years in a management/administrative position
• Current practicing membership with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP)
Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated ability to guide individuals and groups while maintaining group cohesion, motivation, commitment, and effectiveness.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively introduce and manage change that is consistent with the vision, purpose, and operating principles of Interior Health.
• Demonstrated ability to plan, develop, implement, manage, and evaluate programs.
• Excellent negotiation skills to relate effectively with clients, medical staff, and members of the interdisciplinary team.
• Ability to define own continuing education needs and maintain competency through reading literature, management workshops, seminars, and available educational offerings.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth