Maintenance Supervisor/power Engineer 4Apply Now Job ID 1617721 Date posted 02/26/2022
Facility :PRINCETON GENERAL HSPTL
Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME
Join the welcoming community of Princeton, BC as a Maintenance Supervisor/Power Engineer 4.
About the role:
The Maintenance Supervisor/Power Engineer 4 is responsible for ongoing Plant & Maintenance functions; supervising maintenance workers and other designated staff; and performing related administrative functions. Performs trades duties approaching the journeyman level in a variety of trades’ areas and operates and maintains a power plant or any low pressure steam plant by operating, repairing and carrying out preventative maintenance on the boilers, air conditioning units, emergency power, and other related equipment of the facility in compliance with applicable codes and regulations.
Some typical duties of the position:
• Supervises designated staff by performing duties such as scheduling and coordinating work assignments, evaluating employee performance, and determining related training and orientation requirements.
• Operates steam, hot water heating boilers, expansible fluid and air conditioning systems, including starting up and shutting down boilers and related pumps, fans, air compressors, pneumatic systems; monitors and adjusts temperature control system, pressure and feed water levels; monitors and records meter and gauge readings to ensure distribution of steam/air heating to designated areas.
• Monitors and adjusts physical plant and heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems by operating a variety of mechanical, pneumatic and/or electronic control systems and performing such tasks as altering systems operating parameters and schedules; repairs and calibrates various instrumentation components of the steam and HVAC systems; maintains required documentation.
• Reviews work requests and consults with user departments regarding specifications and other project requirements.
• Reviews and updates standards and procedures; ensures safety practices and procedures are adhered to. Maintains required documentation.
• Estimates material and labour requirements and costs; makes recommendations regarding capital and operating budgets for assigned area.
• Verifies that equipment, materials and projects to conform with applicable standards procedures and by-laws.
• Interprets blueprints, drawings and specifications in order to determine contractors, materials and equipment required. Maintains facility drawing files and database.
• Performs skilled work approaching journeyman levels in a variety of trades areas on systems and equipment such as washers and dryers by repairing and/or replacing items such as drive units, electric motors, control valves, seals and bearings. Maintains plumbing systems by repairing and/or replacing components and extending supply/waste lines.
• Establishes, monitors and performs preventative and demand maintenance on steam, hot water heating boilers, expansible fluid, ventilation and air conditioning systems by lubricating, repairing, replacing or installing equipment and/or parts such as pumps, fans, air compressors, heaters, refractories, pneumatic systems, valves, bearings and seals.
• Monitors and adjusts chemical treatment systems.
• Performs testing on boiler systems such as combustion and water treatment analysis.
• Maintains, repairs, replaces and extends steam piping systems including components of the physical plant such as expansion joints, valves, steam traps, strainers, heat exchangers, gauges and insulation.
• Answers service and emergency calls for sterilizers and a variety of building systems such as fire protection, medical air, vacuum and gases; resets systems, assesses and performs required repairs or calls in appropriate person.
• Ensures compliance with various codes and regulations by providing direction in relation to plant safety to all persons working within the power plant.
• Tests and maintains auxiliary power generators and repairs/adjusts as required.
• Oversees the work of outside contractors to ensure adherence to project specifications and other facility requirements.
• Represents Plant & Maintenance department on internal and external meetings, committees and/or projects as required.
• Operates Interior Health vehicle to pickup, deliver and/or transport supplies, building materials and/or equipment as required.
• Performs other related duties as directed.
If you are experienced in the Trades profession apply today!
We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
About the Community:
Situated in the foothills of the Cascade Mountains, you will find the welcoming town of Princeton. The mountains and valleys make it a natural setting for fabulous, year-round outdoor activities and an outstanding vacation destination. Princeton's western heritage is as rich and deep as the gold and copper mines that honeycomb their way beneath the timbered landscape.
Why Interior Health is a Top 100 BC Employer
Grade 12 education plus five (5) years recent related experience including two years in a supervisory capacity or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Certificate of competency as 4th Class Power Engineer recognized by the Province of British Columbia.
Valid BC Driver’s License.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships.