SOCIAL WORKER I MSW – INTEGRATED HEALTH CLINICApply Now Job ID 1222183 Date posted 02/23/2019
Facility :PENTICTON HEALTH CENTRE
Status :RELIEF PART TIME (0.50 FTE)
Are you interested in joining a social work team focused on quality care planning? If so, we have a relief part time Social Worker position available at the Penticton Integrated Health Clinic. This Social Worker will work for Outpatient Diabetes, Heart Health, Renal Health including the Kidney Care Clinic.
The Social Worker provides comprehensive therapeutic clinical counselling services to patients and families in the assigned clinical specialty area. Other responsibilities include:
• Conducts comprehensive social work and psycho-social assessments of patients and families using a variety of modalities and in accordance with professional standards and clinical policies and practices and educates and provides consultation to patient, families and healthcare professionals.
• Provides leadership to the interdisciplinary team in care planning for the effective utilization of patient resources and participates as a member of local committees and planning bodies to identify areas for improved efficiency and effectiveness in service delivery to enhance patient care services and reduce gaps in the community.
• Develops, coordinates and delivers in-services, presentations, psycho-educational and support groups and initiates, develops and carries out research activities in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team.
Shifts of work are Tuesday-Wednesday 08:00 to 15:48 and every other Friday 08:00 to 16:00. This relief part time position will end July 8, 2020. There is additional casual work available to supplement the hours of this position.
Excellent benefits! Opportunity to maximize your skills! An organization where you have room to grow in a place where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you. Apply today!
• Masters Degree of Social Work from an accredited school of Social Work.
• One year’s recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Current full registration with the British Columbia College of Social Workers.
• Current valid BC Driver’s License.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth