REGISTERED NURSE, PERI–OPERATIVE (OR)Apply Now Job ID 1398650 Date posted 05/27/2020
Facility :PENTICTON REGIONAL HSPTL
Status :RELIEF FULL TIME
Work where you matter! Interior Health’s Penticton Regional Hospital (PRH) invites applications for the role of Registered Nurse (RN), Operating Room. PRH is looking for a knowledgeable Perioperative prepared RN with experience in the delivery of client–centered care that has assisted individual clients and their families respond to changing health care needs.
PRH is a 155 bed Acute Care facility responsible for providing core medical and surgical specialty services to surrounding population of approximately 90,000 people. As a member of the PRH Operating Room team, you will coordinate and oversee the overall care of the client and set priorities, provide clinical expertise and leadership for the plan of care, plan and implement health care treatments and interventions, and assign and delegate tasks as appropriate to other members of the healthcare team.
Reporting to Manger, Clinical Operations Operating Room, you will draw upon your ability to establish therapeutic relationships through the use of effective interpersonal and interviewing techniques, ensuring client choices and autonomy in decision making and care planning.
This is a temporary, full time position until April 2021, or until return of incumbent. This position involves a rotation of both Days and Evenings; call is associated with Evening shift. As a regular employee, you will be eligible for Interior Health’s 100 percent employer-paid benefit package.
At PRH you will find a seasoned, supportive and cohesive team that will allow you to challenge yourself professionally while enjoying all the personal pursuits available to you within this fantastic community and world renowned vacation destination. We welcome receiving your application today!
PRH Operating Room Department: PRH currently offers three operating rooms and a urology procedure room to provide services for urology, ENT, general surgery, orthopedics, OB/GYN, chronic pain and uncomplicated pediatric cases over 2 years. There are two ORs at the Summerland Health Centre where services are provided including pediatric dental.
Community Profile: Flanked by tree trimmed mountain slopes, dramatic clay cliffs and Okanagan and Skaha Lake, Penticton is one of the larger cities in the BC interior. Its lush surroundings and ideal climate, with over 2,000 hours of sunshine per year, combine to create a paradise. Indulge in, wineries, golf courses, and famous sandy beaches in the summer and skiing and snowshoeing when the snow falls. Penticton is an innovative and adventurous waterfront city offering all the amenities of a larger urban centre while preserving its small-town charm and warmth. With an array of fine dining, shops, recreational facilities and local vendors and agriculturalists at its weekly farmer’s market, Penticton has it all. Come experience this incredible lifestyle for yourself!
Watch a virtual tour as you fly through the new PRH Patient Care Tower!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
• Advanced preparation in the clinical specialty of Peri-operative Nursing.
• One year recent related clinical experience in the assigned practice environment on an operating room similar in size and scope to the facility or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
• Assessment and Intervention – Demonstrated ability to complete initial and ongoing client assessments (clinical and diagnostic reasoning) and provide nursing care through appropriate/ prescribed technical, therapeutic, safety type interventions.
• Communication – Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with the clients, families, the public, medical staff and the members of the interdisciplinary team using verbal, written and computer communication means.
• Critical Thinking – Demonstrated ability to integrate and evaluate pertinent data (from multiple sources) to problem-solve effectively.
• Human Caring and Relationship Centered Practice – Ability to promote client-focused care that demonstrates care for and with clients and significant others, sensitive to diverse cultures and preferences, client advocacy and social justice concerns.
• Teaching – Ability to transmit information intended to instruct clients and others about topics essential to health care and well-being.
• Management – Manages time and resources, implementing activities to promote cooperation among relevant others, collaboration across disciplines and related activities.
• Leadership – Promotes staff morale, cooperation, assertiveness and risk-taking, creative planning for change and innovations, implementation of IH policies or other protocols, and ongoing professional development of self.
• Knowledge Integration – Using factual information, prior learning and basic principles and procedures to support decisions and actions with relevant research-based evidence. Integrates best practice from nursing and health-related disciplines and the humanities, arts and sciences disciplines into professional practice.
• Ability to operate related equipment including relevant computer applications.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth