PROJECT MANAGER, SOUTH OKANAGAN PRIMARY CAREApply Now Job ID 1332702 Date posted 11/08/2019
Facility :PENTICTON HEALTH CENTRE
Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME
The Project Manager, South Okanagan Primary Care will oversee the planning, implementation, and maintenance of the Primary Care program in the five Local Health Areas (LHA) of the South Okanagan. The Project Manager will work closely with leaders from across the South Okanagan and key stakeholders, both internal and external to the Health Authority including aboriginal, physician, and community partners, to facilitate ongoing collaboration and effective application of initiatives that support Primary Care.
The Project Manager is an expert resource to staff and physicians on Primary Care. The Project Manager is responsible for the coordination and creation of evaluative tools and organizational systems, processes, and practices to improve outcomes within Primary Care. The Project Manager develops reports, ensures the timely and effective implementation of decisions, works on specific projects as assigned, and analyzes and prepares information to achieve results in key priority areas.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Utilizes standard project management methodology and a collaborative approach to develop project charters, schedules, timelines, and specific processes for accomplishing the required work plan.
2. Cultivates and fosters relationships in order to develop comprehensive project plans with input from key stakeholders and provides leadership and support in the development of strategies to meet these needs.
3. Leads and coordinates the planning and implementation of teams to ensure the project progresses on schedule.
4. Collaboratively executes and monitors all milestones and deliverables.
5. Provides research support for best practice and change management initiatives to support improvements.
6. Serves as the central contact/resource person related to the project and identifies and resolves arising issues through negotiation and conflict resolution with stakeholders.
7. Develops and coordinates a process for managing the preparation and maintenance of all status reports, design of reporting templates, compilation and analysis of data and information; monitors project and/or system change progress; identifies barriers and missed milestones; and researches issues and best practice.
8. Leads a range of projects; develops guidelines, templates, and critical activity pathways; and makes recommendations for action.
9. Builds relationships with key stakeholders to plan future service delivery models, including input into business case development and standardized reporting and information sharing.
10. Supports the composition of decision briefs and reports at the site, local health area, and Health Authority levels to support optimum service delivery.
11. Liaises externally with and supports and/or identifies opportunities to partner with other Health Authorities, regional entities, community agencies, and private partners in system redesign of care and service improvements.
12. Plans for patient engagement strategies to ensure patient views are considered in service planning.
13. Creates communication plans and communicates and presents information clearly and concisely to key stakeholders, physicians, staff, and Managers including formal presentations at meetings.
14. Provides regular status updates and attends various meetings as required.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Training, and Experience
• A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Master’s degree.
• Five years of recent, related experience at a senior level, working within a complex public or private sector environment, and experience in Project Management.
Demonstrates all LEADS Capabilities, in particular:
• Leads Self – self-awareness, demonstrates character
• Engages Others – communicates effectively
• Achieves Results – takes action to implement decisions, assesses & evaluates results
• Develops Coalitions – mobilizes knowledge, demonstrates a commitment to customers & service
• System Transformation – encourages and supports innovation, champions & orchestrates change
Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated ability to organize work, simultaneously handle multiple projects, balance multiple priorities, and manage challenging and competing demands within a limited timeframe.
• Creatively plan and promote new program and service delivery models.
• Demonstrated analytical, statistical, research, and indicator development skills.
• Ability to work with health information technology, applying advanced computer skills to access and analyse all data and information related to priority areas.
• Knowledge of the principles and processes related to quality improvement.
• Superior written and verbal communication abilities and independent problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
• Knowledge of project and change management processes, project development, and implementation.
• Proven leadership skills working with diverse groups of people. Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships and collaborate with key participants across a range of stakeholders.
• Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite.
• A class 5 BC Driver’s License.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth