Program AssistantApply Now Job ID 1558851 Date posted 05/28/2021
Facility :PENTICTON REGIONAL HSPTL
Status :TERM SPECIFIC FULL TIME
Interior Health is hiring a Term Specific Full Time Program Assistant to support the Director, Clinical Operations at the Penticton Regional Hospital. The term for this position is until March 31, 2022. The ideal candidate must have excellent organization skills and must be able to function in fast paced environment.
The Program Assistant works in a team environment to provide confidential administrative support functions to the Director, Clinical Operations and other management staff during the capital renovation project at Penticton Regional Hospital. The Program Assistant serves as a vital linkage and communication source to keep the program informed and aligned to its priorities.
SOME TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
1. Discusses inquiries for information with a variety of internal and external contacts in order to obtain and disclose information. Answers routine inquiries and complaints by determining the nature of the issues and provides information directly or through correspondence.
2. Supports the Director and management team in completing the required documentation and tasks associated with Human Resources including: personnel requisitions, on staff and change notices, reference checks, payroll removal forms, payroll queries, vacation planning and leave approvals, and travel reimbursements.
3. Initiates follow-up processes with staff and others. Resolves day-to-day problems as required, evaluates operating procedures, and advises management as necessary. Drafts correspondence/ reports as requested. Prepares spreadsheets, graphs, flow charts, and statistics as required.
4. Provides general administrative support by:
• opening and screening daily mail
• coordinating photo id for new and transferring staff, name and title changes, temporary IDs, Code White Team, door access, etc.
• ordering items and entering requisitions as required
• acknowledging letters and composing correspondence for signature
• providing supporting information where required
• proofing mailings for spelling, grammar, and clear understanding
• preparing and typing correspondence, memoranda, minutes, confidential reports, and other documents
• responding to administrative requests and inquiries
• protecting the security of confidential information by maintaining private files and typing private correspondence.
5. Provides assistance on projects by collecting data requiring the evaluation and determination of available sources. Assembles and edits reports in an appropriate format.
6. Oversees the completion of routine workplace health and safety assessments and core responsibilities of the assigned department(s), including department safety inspections and annual assessments.
7. Coordinates meeting schedules and calendars by prioritizing and arranging appointments and canceling and/or rescheduling meetings as required, ensuring that schedules are manageable.
8. Coordinates all administrative logistics for meetings, events, education sessions, workshops, video conferences, and teleconferences including appropriate space, equipment, and materials.
9.Attends and acts as a recorder for confidential meetings such as management meetings. Transcribes minutes and distributes accordingly. Follows up on action items as required, prepares agendas, and circulates necessary materials for meetings.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned.
For a challenging, growth-oriented career in a beautiful natural setting where balanced lifestyle choices abound, come to Interior Health and join our quest to set new standards of excellence in the delivery of health services in the Province of B.C.
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work.
Education, Training, and Experience:
• Diploma and graduation from a recognized secretarial program.
• Three to five years of recent, related experience including experience working with various computer software programs.
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Ability to organize workload and set priorities.
• Ability to work without supervision.
• Ability to type 50 wpm and set up letters, reports, etc. in a professional format.
• Knowledge of applicable computer hardware and software programs and ability to perform web-based searches.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.