PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE LEADER – PHARMACYApply Now Job ID 1192394 Date posted 12/20/2018
Facility :PENTICTON REGIONAL HSPTL
Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME
We are seeking a Professional Practice Leader to join our Penticton Regional Hospital Pharmacy Team; someone who wishes to work at the leading edge of healthcare and advance their career.
Penticton Regional Hospital (PRH) acts as a referral centre to three community hospitals and one diagnostic centre in the South Okanagan and includes a regional population of 85,000. It has an operating capacity of 129 acute beds and 102 extended care beds. A full range of services is provided with the exception of open heart surgery, neuro surgery and recent spinal cord injury care. PRH is also in the process of expanding and building a brand new six-storey Patient Care Tower that will be open to patients by spring 2019.
The Professional Practice Leader is accountable for the administration, supervision, planning and budgeting of the Pharmacy department. As the successful applicant, you will report to the Manager for administrative matters and will advise on budgets, workload, labour relations and personnel. You will also be responsible for interpreting and implementing all institutional and College of Pharmacists of BC regulations, policies and procedures as they apply to Pharmacy. You will be responsible for ensuring that standards for Pharmacy are consistent with regulatory, accrediting body standards and relevant legislation as well as provide clinical guidance to the Pharmacy staff practicing in the hospital in advancing pharmaceutical care.
This is an opportunity to support departmental and regional pharmacy initiatives through collaboration with local and regional pharmacy leaders, physicians, and nursing leaders to achieve overall goals and objectives.
• A work environment conducive to growth and development of strong clinical pharmacy skills.
• Access to many clinical resources, including clinical pharmacy specialist support for all pharmacists.
• Continuous educational opportunities.
• Interdisciplinary environments where patients are at the centre of care.
• 100 percent employer paid comprehensive benefits’ package and pension plan.
• A balanced lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire.
Join our team as we build clinical pharmacy practice across Interior Health through innovation, progression, and dedication! At Interior Health we provide room-to-grow and the opportunity to make a significant, personal contribution to the lives of others. If you seek the peace and tranquility of rural living, you’ll find it within the beautiful, natural setting of the Interior of British Columbia!
• Graduate of a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized College of Pharmacy
• Current registration with the College of Pharmacists of BC
• Successful completion of Departmental Management Program Certificate CHA or HDM or equivalent course.
• Minimum of five years hospital pharmacy experience and two years’ related management experience.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth