PRIMARY CARE CLINICAL PHARMACISTApply Now Job ID 1536325 Date posted 04/12/2021
Facility :FAIRVIEW MEDICAL CLINIC
Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME
Are you looking to work at the leading edge of healthcare and advance your career? If so, we have a wonderful opportunity for you!
We are seeking a permanent full time Primary Care Clinical Pharmacist to join our Pharmacy Team at the Fairview Medical Clinic located in Penticton, B.C.
This position provides clinical pharmacy services to patients of the primary care network. As a member of an inter-professional team this position works directly with patients to identify and resolve actual and potential drug therapy problems through provision of comprehensive medication management.
SOME TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Identifies and resolves actual and potential drug therapy problems in collaboration with the patient and other members of the primary health care team.
2. Provides comprehensive medication management and pharmaceutical care by monitoring the medical condition(s) and ongoing drug therapy for effectiveness, adherence, adverse reactions, drug interactions and therapeutic, chemical and laboratory incompatibilities. Communicates pertinent findings, recommendations and plans to the patient and appropriate healthcare practitioners.
3. Consults with patients and members of the primary care health team to develop patient-specific therapeutic plans based on chart review, patient information and assessment of clinical responses.
4. Maintains appropriate documentation in the health record in accordance with organizational standards and practices as required.
5. Uses appropriate resources to support professional practice and patient care including those available through provincial programs, such as academic detailing, optimal drug use initiatives, opioid stewardship and de-prescribing.
6. Establish linkages, as required, with health authority, community pharmacy services and other relevant community services to support continuity of care for patients.
7. Provides drug information, consultative and other support services to medical, nursing, pharmacy and other primary care health team members by communicating with them on drug related issues, questions and patient specific therapeutic regimens.
8. Conducts patient counselling and education regarding drug therapy.
9. Provides in-service education to the primary health care team where appropriate.
10. Participates in a variety of programs such as Patient Safety and Drug Reaction Reporting by collecting and compiling relevant data as applicable.
11. Performs other related duties as required.
Join our team as we build clinical pharmacy practice across Interior Health through innovation, progression, and dedication!
• A work environment conducive to growth and development of strong clinical pharmacy skills
• Access to many clinical resources, including clinical pharmacy specialist support for all pharmacists
• Continuous educational opportunities
• Interdisciplinary environments where patients are at the centre of care
• 100 percent employer paid comprehensive benefits’ package and pension plan
• A balanced lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire.
At Interior Health we provide room-to-grow and the opportunity to make a significant, personal contribution to the lives of others. Apply today!
Education, Training & Experience
Current registration with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia
A minimum 2 years recent, related patient care experience, ideally in a team based primary care setting or equivalent.
A valid Class 5 drivers licence and access to a personal vehicle for business related purposes.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.