PATIENT PORTER – PENTICTON, BCApply Now Job ID 1544197 Date posted 05/04/2021
Facility :PENTICTON REGIONAL HSPTL
Penticton Regional Hospital is looking for casual Patient Porters to join their team! - if you have completed Grade 10, plus one year's recent experience....Apply today!
This position assists and transports patients, their personal belongings, equipment, specimens and supplies to and from various locations within the hospital.
Duties may include:
• Communicates with Nursing Units regarding patient transport;
• Transports medical apparatus and/or equipment;
• Assists with lifting and transferring patients to and from beds, stretchers, wheelchairs and/or other devices, as instructed;
• Assists to position patient including holding limbs for procedures including x-ray testing, and pre-operative and post-operative procedures, as instructed;
• Ensures patient comfort and readiness for transport to designated area;
• Transports deceased patients to the morgue;
• Cleans, stores, retrieves and returns supplies, instruments and equipment
• Delivers specimens, requisitions/orders, equipment, furniture, and patient care supplies to specified hospital areas
• Completes routine forms and keeps records relating to the work performed, as required. Performs minor associated clerical duties such as collating and embossing of patient charts.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Hours of work:
Rotating / Days, Evenings: 07:00 to 15:00, 08:00 to 13:00, 09:00 to 17:00, 10:00 to 18:00, 12:00 to 20:00, 14:00 to 20:00, 16:00 to 22:00
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week. Casual employees are expected to be available and ready to work on short notice.
To learn more about Support Services at Interior Health, Click Here
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces.
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others. Apply Now!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Completion of Grade 10,
• One year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
*Along with your CV (resume), Please upload All Certificates/ Diplomas or Transcripts that show you meet the Education, Skills & Abilities REQUIREMENT.*
**ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.