OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST – QUICK RESPONSE TEAMApply Now Job ID 1381980 Date posted 04/07/2020
Facility :PENTICTON HEALTH CENTRE
Status :RELIEF PART TIME (0.54 FTE)
The Quick Response Team (QRT) is an interdisciplinary team who will assess and follow patients initially in Penticton Regional Hospital’s Emergency Department and then in the Community setting for up to 2 weeks. These patients typically have complex medical conditions and/or are frail. The QRT follows patients in the community within 24 hours of discharge from Emergency Department or referral from the physician’s office. As the Occupational Therapist on this team, your role is to assess and make recommendations regarding the patient’s activities of daily living to enable patients to remain at home with additional supports.
Local travel is required in this role within the surrounding areas of Penticton, Summerland, Naramata and Okanagan Falls. Access to personal vehicle will be required; a valid Driver’s License is necessary.
This position is to provide coverage until May 2021, or return of incumbent. Days of work are Mondays, Tuesdays, every third weekend, and includes statutory holidays on scheduled days. It is a position that is eligible for Interior Health’s comprehensive benefits plan which includes coverage for basic Medical Services, Dental Services, and Extended Health.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces where Interior Health has been named one of BC’s Top Employers for 2020.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Graduation from a recognized occupational therapy program.
• Current registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia (COTBC).
• Eligible for membership in the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists or British Columbia Society of Occupational Therapists.
• Valid BC Driver’s license.
Skills and Abilities:
• Teaching: Ability to teach clients and others both one-on-one and in groups.
• Knowledge Integration: Integrates best practice and current research evidence to support professional practice decisions and actions.
• Communication: Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clients, families, the public, medical staff and the members of the interdisciplinary team using, oral written and computer communication means. Demonstrated ability to effectively resolve conflict.
• Critical Thinking: Demonstrated ability to integrate and evaluate pertinent data (from multiple sources) to problem-solve and make decisions effectively. Applies the problem solving process demonstrating critical thinking and decision making skills using a systems approach.
• Management: Demonstrated ability to organize work, set objectives and establish priorities. Manages time and resources, implements activities to promote cooperation among the interdisciplinary team, supervises responsibilities of others, and collaborates across disciplines.
• Leadership: Promotes staff morale, engagement, and risk-taking. Demonstrates creative planning for change and innovations, implementation of IH policies or other protocols, and ongoing professional development of self and others.
• Teamwork: Demonstrated ability to foster teamwork and a commitment to excellence in the provision of client care.
• Equipment: Demonstrated computer skills including the use of Meditech and Windows based programs. Demonstrated data analysis skills including appropriate data analysis and reporting tools. Demonstrated ability in the use of e-mail and word processing. Ability to operate other related equipment as required in the specific practice area.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth